Sundown Audio

125.2 heat problem

Hostility

ok to start off i have a 99 s10 ext cab, with a false floor in the back, under it is a saz 2K, and a 125.2. i started with only about 1" of air space above the amps before the floor, then i found out the 125.2 was getting soo hot i could not even touch it, but would never go into thermal (protect). also that was getting that hot within a 10-15min drive. i also found that it only got hot at high volumes. so today i raised the floor up 3/4" i have about 2" of air space now above the 125.2, i also added right beside the amp blowing over it, a 120mm and a 80mm fan, on the other end of the floor i have a single 80mm blowing over my 2K, as i found it really didnt get that hot. (its about 30-40 degrees with humidity over here). now on the drive home i found that within about 15 min the amp was getting pretty hot still. i have my amps on a relay, and i have the fans hooked up to the remote wire for the 125.2. im going camping this weekend coming up and my truck will be blasting music all weekend, so i want to get this cooling issue fixed before i leave. thanks!!

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver

5.25 cubes @ 31hz

cheak grounds i know... sounds stupid but i had the same problems amps got reallly hot pulled the amps out to do something put them back in problem solved

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Archived