Second Skin Audio

help with box design and tuning calculator

BK Ryan 9oh4

i know absolutely nothing when it comes to building a ported box. i downloaded the tuning calculator but that just made it more confusing. can someone please help me with understanding how to work this calculator or even just point me in the right direction with starting the design of my box.

thanx for any help

first things what sub(s) amp(s) and measure your trunk

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

i'm running a JL 1000.1 to 1 15" L7. it will be in a Tahoe and the max it can be is L=43" W=49" H=15.5" and i want to tune somewhere around 30hz

and please nobody hate on my equipment, its all ive got right now and money is too tight to upgrade so im just trying to make the best of it.

i used to run a L5 15 in a ABC warehouse box so it sucked but i dont have any idea what an L7 likes space wise. maybe check the build section and pm those running L7s. torres calculator (i assume) was confusing to me at first and the help page didnt help me but i just kept reading threads on this site and i got it down good now. what do you not understand maybe i can help. or other members

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

still surprises me how people ask for specs on things that are available on the manufacturer's site.

http://kicker.com/Product_Manuals

subwoofers, l7, etc etc. find the specs for a minimum box size and SPL box size or whatever they call it and find a middle number that you can fit safely then times the cuft by 14 (general port area per cubic foot, by no means a standard) then you have your general port area number, try to stay within 10 of said number.

if someone who has ran kicker woofers (i dont know what box size they like) has a more experienced answer, by all means correct me.

i used to run a L5 15 in a ABC warehouse box so it sucked but i dont have any idea what an L7 likes space wise. maybe check the build section and pm those running L7s. torres calculator (i assume) was confusing to me at first and the help page didnt help me but i just kept reading threads on this site and i got it down good now. what do you not understand maybe i can help. or other members

i have no idea where to start and i cant find a good basic set of instructions for it. (the calculator)

still surprises me how people ask for specs on things that are available on the manufacturer's site.

http://kicker.com/Product_Manuals

subwoofers, l7, etc etc. find the specs for a minimum box size and SPL box size or whatever they call it and find a middle number that you can fit safely then times the cuft by 14 (general port area per cubic foot, by no means a standard) then you have your general port area number, try to stay within 10 of said number.

if someone who has ran kicker woofers (i dont know what box size they like) has a more experienced answer, by all means correct me.

Thanks for responding. i have the manufacturer's box specs and whatnot the main problem im having is how big to make the port, how deep it should be, and what side of the box it should be on

i have no idea where to start and i cant find a good basic set of instructions for it. (the calculator)

Thanks for responding. i have the manufacturer's box specs and whatnot the main problem im having is how big to make the port, how deep it should be, and what side of the box it should be on

press F1 while in the program for a written help guide made by torres. but as for the port size, torres calculates it for you automatically. enter in any number for width and height and depth and itll tell you the tuning of the box and how much port area you have with the port you just inputted and how much you need (port area, and port area range respectively which are VERY important when dealing with this program in my opinion).

Archived