Second Skin Audio

measurements just dont add up :(

MAXSPL_153

ok so im trying to figure dims. of my boxes for my subs . subs are soundstream xxx-18's the manufact. specs are as follows

low tuned enclosure optimal

6ft3

(2) 6" x 22" round ports

ok now ive tryed to think of a way to build this box but every way ive tryed to get 6ft3 the box wont be deep enough for a 22" port if i make the box deeper i have to decrease the width and height and that wont leave enough room on the facce of the box for the sub AND the two ports. i dont know if my mind is just all jumbled up from taking so many measurements or what but it seems a little impossiable to have a 6ft3 box for an 18 that has enough room to fit the sub and 2 ports on the face and deep enough to run the ports at 22" in length while not going into the 8ft3 range .. anybody have some insu=ight for me this is driving me crazy !!!!!!! FYI i am walling off my suburban with 4 of theese , building a seperate box for each sub then stacking them into the truck and framing it off to look as one single enclosure . i figured it would sound a little better ( not nessasarley louder) than if i walled it as one chamber that all 4 subs share .. plus a little easyer to build the boxes "outside " the truck than trying to build the wall into the truck , which i have not had good luck doing in the past . can someone please unlock the door that seems to be blocking me from figuring theese boxs out ?!?!?

Archived