Second Skin Audio

Noob's First Build, need feedback

So I just got back from Lowe's and I got my MDF and wood glue and stuff. But this is what I'm thinking about doing for my sub. It's a Fi Q 15 fully loaded that's going to be powered by a aq 1200d. I'm just trying to make it hit the hardest that it can, and i designed the box myself....so if it sucks tell me! hahaha, but i need feedback and revisions on it and stuff. what do yah think?

Edit: Sub is going in my 03 tibby so it's facing upward.

final.jpg

Edited by Hunter Spivey
2repbme.png

so im guessing your doing a squar port?? i would suggest a slot port 4-5 inches wide that fi will move some air. my personal opinion on that square port is its not ideal for what your looking for and for what you have the box tuned to. im sure other peole might have a difference of opinion....but i say scrap the square port and do a slot.

the port is WAY too small. you have port area per foot at 4.6. you need to get that up past 12. i hear with Fi subs they like bigger ports so you might want to try to get it up past 15

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Yeah man that's what I was planning on doing. But what dimensions would you recommend for the slot?

this is a rough guestimate with my math cuz im drunk, but you could try 15"w x 2"H x 15"L should be tuned around 33 or 34 hz...i think lol (fukin beer has slow right now) and put the port along the botom of the box. id double check my math though, but i ***think*** im right lol

The tuning came out to 36.72, but i'd say decent. my dad is good at building anything so i'll be fine. I just want the right tuning so my Fi can hit hard.

depending on the sound your looking for tuning it to 32 hz isnt neceassrily gonna hit hard, its gonna hit low and shak the siding off of houses. if you want it to hit hard and low 34-36 hz is a great middle point if you ask me. im sure other guys will tell you the same thing roughly. my boy has 2 fi 15"btl tuned at 35 hz running off some hifonics amps and they slam HARD and get extremely low. but he also has 5000 watts on them. there are gonna be some other variables that will come into play if you wanna get what your looking to achieve sound wise