Sonic Electronix

Hi

I have a question which I cannot figure out. So far Im inclined towards the 9887, but I want to make sure Im doing the right choice.

The HU will power Type X components (or image dynamics not sure yet) which for now will be passive. Later on I will power them with a SAX-100.4 and yes there will be subwoofers

I will mainly use the ipod function. I wont be using HD radio, XM or the BT. I want something thats easy to use, friendly user interface and best quality.

I want to go towards the 9887 because of the 3 way crossover, even though Im not 100% sure what it is (or if Im ever going to use it), Ive heard a lot of people complain about the 117 because its missing this feature, and by the time I figure it out and I dont want to be out of luck. Specially if I will end up needing it.

However, I also read a lot of people saying the 117 is just as good even without the 3way crossover, it comes with a built-in USB and that it has better ipod interface? (just saw videos on youtube, the ipod interface seems the same)

Dont really know what else is this 117 hiding behind since there is not many user reviews out there so far.

Comments/tips are welcome

Edited by slim142

Hi

I have a question which I cannot figure out. So far Im inclined towards the 9887, but I want to make sure Im doing the right choice.

The HU will power Type X components (or image dynamics not sure yet) which for now will be passive. Later on I will power them with a SAX-100.4 and yes there will be subwoofers

I will mainly use the ipod function. I wont be using HD radio, XM or the BT. I want something thats easy to use, friendly user interface and best quality.

I want to go towards the 9887 because of the 3 way crossover, even though Im not 100% sure what it is (or if Im ever going to use it), Ive heard a lot of people complain about the 117 because its missing this feature, and by the time I figure it out and I dont want to be out of luck. Specially if I will end up needing it.

However, I also read a lot of people saying the 117 is just as good even without the 3way crossover, it comes with a built-in USB and that it has better ipod interface? (just saw videos on youtube, the ipod interface seems the same)

Dont really know what else is this 117 hiding behind since there is not many user reviews out there so far.

Comments/tips are welcome

Get the IDA 305 man :)

(2) Kicker L5 12's

Alpine IDA-X305 HU

Dual Optimas

Big three

Kenwood EQ

RF Components

Hifonics Brutus 1K (Subs)

Alpine MRP 250 (Mids/Highs)

Lots o' sound deadening

I have the cda 9887 and i love it i got that and a rainbow amp for 350... fuckin steal... gotta love craigslist.... but i like the 9887 and if lookin into it... it really does sound that good :)

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/