Looking for good camera/video camera

Really depends on your budget, I actually have a Canon EOS 7D, which is actually a DSLR with HD capabilities, but for you that would likely be overkill. The Canon 550D is a consumer version of my camera and does the same thing, just a bit more simplified and only uses SD cards, but ALOT cheaper.

Here is a sample of what these cameras can do in terms of video...

Of course that is DSLRs, there are many other cameras out there that can do a good job, but the Canon's IMO are the best bang for buck. The Camcorder range is top notch too, but if I weren't going for a Canon DSLR, my next best bet is the Sony Camcorders, they are a little bit pricey, but they're built to last.

Just avoid anything Samsung, or anything that is to good to be true (in terms of price).

Feel free to pick my brains on these cameras as I'm filmmaker on the side B)

'96 80 Series Lancruiser

It's not the best, but good enough for me

2x Alpines SPS400s, 2x Alpine SPS600s, 1x MB Quart 12' 300w Sub, 1x Alpine PDX4.150, 1x Sony Headunit

www.4style.com.au

Could you possibly link me to a sight that offers the canon's. Im really only looking for a daily camera/video recorder nothing to crazy to like 250 would probably be the max i would really like to spend on one. And i have a mac and it seems sd cards dont want to work with it atm lol. So i kinda wanna stray away from them till i can figure out how to get them to work on here.

Well this is the camera I was reffering to; http://canon.com.au/en-AU/For-You/Digital-Cameras/EOS-Digital-SLR-Cameras/550D

But seeing you're saying 250, well maybe I overshot the mark :rofl:

There is some great point and shoots out there, and personally if I were to get one, it would have to be Canon IXUS. They're easy to use, take a half decent photo under good light and do have a 720 HD function (well most of them), here is a link to their range; http://canon.com.au/en-AU/For-You/Digital-Cameras/IXUS-Digital-Cameras

Otherwise next in line I would reccomend is the Nikon Coolpix range;

http://www.nikon.com.au/products.php?categoryid=10

And when you go to buy the camera, don't go to a Kmart or Best Buy, go to a real camera shop cos they employ real camera people, and not a kid who thinks their mobile phone camera kicks ass. :rofl:

Oh and regarding the SD card issue, well I can tell you now 95% of consumer cameras use sd cards! Only Prosumer / Professional cameras use Compact flash, any other format is a gimmick. But if you are saying that you have a Mac, how are currently transferring photos and video to your computer? If it isn't working it maybe a formatting issue

Edited by 4styler

'96 80 Series Lancruiser

It's not the best, but good enough for me

2x Alpines SPS400s, 2x Alpine SPS600s, 1x MB Quart 12' 300w Sub, 1x Alpine PDX4.150, 1x Sony Headunit

www.4style.com.au

The canon does look good but i cant find a site that has them. Do you possibly know the price range on that camera? Also which Nikon coolpix one you talking about since there is so many of them. Which one would be best for like daily use for pictures and video?

Ya i think it is formatting i have to mess around with it and ill figure it out soon enough :)

Edited by Rainkey