Sundown Audio

oh damn not bad.. how many cubes per sub?

and to loudcivic sorry i already got a somewhat design. plus i want to do more port then just 9 lol. prob around 16 per cube..

about 2 cubes per sub

about 2 cubes per sub

i didnt know thta was big.. wow i see a wayyyy higher number with mroe power LOL

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

i didnt know thta was big.. wow i see a wayyyy higher number with mroe power LOL

Yea, i should have some numbers with them on 3k this weekend, but im having to rebuild that box so i can have the guy compete with it, I went my usac's rule, of if it fits behind the seat of a single cab then its good no matter if it comes in front of the b pillar. but some ppl thought i was cheating.

next one will be 1.75 per sub, port on drivers side, hopefully it will still get good numbers.

Okay I think everything seems to have been completely covered. Frito answered your initial question. You have the size of your enclosure already now if you tune your box at 30hz, just control the size of your port as stated that is whats going to keep your box from being too peaky at just 30hz.

steven.jpg

what do you mean control port?

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

its probably recommended for a flatter response curve.

there wont be that much of a difference between 30hz and 33hz tuning either, seems like your making them compare like its 30hz and 40hz.

i have a pair in my friends truck and its at 37~38hz and it still gets every low in decafs music. Port size will help your box extend below tuning better..

his are also in ~2cubes each, because we planned on using an sax1000. but now we have a sae1200 so i might be redoing it at 1.75 per sub

This is what im texting you about. Look at the difference between daily street cars vs spl, ect. Spl=small box HUGE ports poor response on any other frequencies other than what box is tuned to. Reduce your port size and when you tune real low you will still pick up other frequencies.

steven.jpg

so about 14sq of port per cube? or less?? im a box noob like i side,, idk the difference in port size.. i always thought bigger was better :pardon: i was going to do 16 per cube...

1j1450.png

if you tune pretty low I would go for 16. if you tune higher, like around 38 or more, go closer to 12. a smaller port will help you still be able to play below tuning. the box i did tuned around 38 had 12.5 per cube

i see.. but if i tune to 30 with a smaller port would it hit the higher notes?

1j1450.png

im siting at around 1.8 cubes per woofer and am having great results... they definitely want more power though

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?