Sundown Audio

Amp Draw At Diff Ohms

Hello everyone! Ive been watchin this forum daily for the last 2 months lol but never really got around to registerin.. Im 17 livin in Washington and love my car audio, but am kinda hindered by the c flow.. but finally got a question that was kinda wonderin bout. Im running a HIFONICS TXi7506 on my Eclipse alum 7324 dual 4. And i was wonderin if the amp draw for the amp changes at diffrent ohms cause id really like to get the extra 250 watts by switchin to a dual 2 sub. But i was makin sure my car would be able to hold up with the pull. Thanks for all the help and im glad to finally be apart of this badass forum and group of guys.

Hello everyone! Ive been watchin this forum daily for the last 2 months lol but never really got around to registerin.. Im 17 livin in Washington and love my car audio, but am kinda hindered by the c flow.. but finally got a question that was kinda wonderin bout. Im running a HIFONICS TXi7506 on my Eclipse alum 7324 dual 4. And i was wonderin if the amp draw for the amp changes at diffrent ohms cause id really like to get the extra 250 watts by switchin to a dual 2 sub. But i was makin sure my car would be able to hold up with the pull. Thanks for all the help and im glad to finally be apart of this badass forum and group of guys.

What kind of car do you have? In my opinion, you should be able to do that no problem.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

I have an 01 Chrysler Sebring..so the ohms have no effect really as long as the amp can take it?

This amp is rated at 750x1 at 1 ohm, am i safe running this at 1 ohm?

For sure bro, if the amp can handle it, your stock electrical should be fine, and there are a few things you can do if it shows signs of a problem.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

Yes. Dropping the ohm load will draw more current but from 500w to 750w it shouldn't make that much of a difference. Your car should be able to handle that much more power. Were you having problems before?

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6Goldwood GW-S650/4 6.5sEA 200a alt2009 Lancer GTSStock jtte2o.gif

Guest MegaloManiac

well if he's wiring to 1 ohm then his stock electrical may not be fine. i rather run a 2ohm system than a 1 ohm system any day of the week if all possible.

well if he's wiring to 1 ohm then his stock electrical may not be fine. i rather run a 2ohm system than a 1 ohm system any day of the week if all possible.

I see, I was just goin on the principal that if its only 750 watts on a relatively new car it could handle it. In this exact situation, shouldnt it be alright?

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

theres no problems at all right now and it pounds hard for less then 500 watts but lookin to get more out of it for a bit so dont wanna switch amp out right now. Cause just got a job so tryin to save up at this point. Only upgrade to electrical at this point and i know it dont really do much but 1 farad raptor cap

This is just my opinion, but I think it would work fine, I don't know as much as some of the other people tho.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

Guest MegaloManiac

you do not need a capacitor. it will only act like a bandaid, you will no longer see the damage but the damage is happening(if you had/have a dimming/voltage problem).