Single Cab truck bpillar rules

Can anyone tell me how the different organizations class single cab truck boxes?

I build a box for a buddy of mines truck, 2 12s facing up the the box is 12.5 inches wide and extends forward of the B-pillar.

I build it like that because I read in Usaci rules that in single cab trucks, as long as it fits behind the seats and they still lock into positions they can still run the stock class. and wont be considered a wall or port war class.

But now a few ppl at my local comps are calling me out on the build saying its a wall, when technically is would have to be port war if anything since its in front of the B-pillar, I think they are just scared that my buddy might win finals.

Anyways, How do other major organizations classify a box like this in a single cab truck?

I think in MECA it has to be below the window line and seats have to be able to lock

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)

I just sifted through db drag rules and it looks like the B pillar rule doesnt apply to single cab trucks their either

6-2 All loudspeaker enclosures, and / or baffle boards, with the exception of those mounted in the kick-panels or doors, shall be located behind an imaginary plane that stretches from the trailing edge of the driver’s door to the trailing edge of the passenger door. In this rulebook, the terms “B-Pillar” and “Doorjamb” are sometimes used when referring to this imaginary plane.

Additional Guidelines:

· Compliance with this rule may be verified by using the following test: Two judges position themselves on opposite sides of the vehicle. A string (or wire) is passed through the open doors of the vehicle. Both judges pull the string so that it is taught. Next, the judges move the string in unison so that the string slides along the trailing edge of each judge’s respective doorjamb. If the string does not touch the enclosure (or loudspeakers), then the test passes.

· Any components that are attached to the loudspeaker enclosure, including speakers, amplifiers, signal processors, etc., are considered to be a part of the loudspeaker enclosure.

· If any portion of the competitor’s installation interferes with the judge’s ability to perform the “string test”, then the interfering obstruction must be easily removable.

Additional Guidelines Related to Pickup Trucks Only:

· If the vehicle is a standard pickup truck (not an extended-cab or king-cab) and the subwoofer enclosure is mounted behind the front seat, compliance with the “string test” (rule 6-2) is not required.

· If the vehicle is a standard pickup truck (not an extended-cab or king-cab) and the installation incorporates a “cut-through” to the bed of the truck, then compliance with the “string test” (rule 6-2) will still be required.

· If the vehicle is an extended-cab or king-cab pickup truck, then compliance with the “string test” (rule 6-2) will still be required.

Meca rules

Amateur Street class pg 12 and Street class pg 14

7. Pickup trucks: enclosure must not be higher than the bottom of the back window seal. All equipment must be

securely mounted in the cab of the truck.

a. Standard cab trucks: enclosure must fit behind seat in the most forward position. If aftermarket seats or factory

replacement seats are added, and the factory brackets aren’t used, then the brackets to hold said seats down must

be made to line up with the rear factory bolts as to not increase the area behind said seats.

b. Extended cab trucks, including trucks with 3rd or 4th door options: enclosure cannot extend past front door

jambs, and, factory seats must be in factory location and position.

c. Quad/Crew cab pickups, with 4 full size doors: the back seat must stay in, but enclosure may sit in seat

I guess i should of just looked it up first earlier, but now if anyone else needs to know

Since i already know its legal in Usaci i dont feel like copying to rules over to this thread right now.