Second Skin Audio

Mustang enclosure?

I have a 2003 Mustang with two Type-R 12"'s in the trunk in some box fitted for my car (It's a sealed VERY small box). Although it looks very nice and allows me to still have lots of trunk space, I want different options.

Image of what it currently looks like.

subs.jpg

I would prefer not to take up a ton of the trunk space, and not much more then how much is now, but maybe a different designed/ported box?

Want more SPL, friend of mine has two 15"'s with about half the power, yet it's louder then mine (not by much now that I have a T1000), and he's only at around half the power.

15"s have more cone area and thus move more air... I want 15"s lol

sorry lol anyway what do you want the cF to be and what do you want it to be tuned to?

edit: and some specs of the trunk would be nice...

I actually have a box for 2 12s that sits real low but is wide and some what deep if your interested... got some vids of it in my build but dont kno the dimensions off the top of my head.

Edited by manofthehour

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-Alpine KTP-445 Power Pack

-Polk Audio db6501 (front components)

-Polk Audio db651 (back coaxials)

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Custom box tuned to 33Hz

- Kinetik HC1400

- 50 ft2 of Audio Technix sound deadner

- Big 3

My photography page

yea if someone doesn't think of one for you tonight ill give you the specs on my box... its not form fitting but it hits 32Hz hard (go to my build and look at the super flex vid LOL)

How wide is your trunk tho? I'm not worried about height cuz the box is like 13.5"-14" high lol and I wanna say 28" deep (but I'd make it 30") and 36" wide I believe... with a 4 " port and about 3.5-4.0 cF I think and tuned to 32Hz (obviously)

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Kinetik HC1400

- Big 3

My photography page

yea if someone doesn't think of one for you tonight ill give you the specs on my box... its not form fitting but it hits 32Hz hard (go to my build and look at the super flex vid LOL)

How wide is your trunk tho? I'm not worried about height cuz the box is like 13.5"-14" high lol and I wanna say 28" deep (but I'd make it 30") and 36" wide I believe... with a 4 " port and about 3.5-4.0 cF I think and tuned to 32Hz (obviously)

I'll get the "max" depth I want (I don't want it to be the whole trunk in case I get a flat :P), Width I can't go over 35in in a certain spot due to the wheels being in the way, and height is about 14in.

Oh and btw, that box looks GREAT, I don't necessarily need form fitting, but it's a plus (which is how it is now).

Edited by Calamity

I'll get the "max" depth I want (I don't want it to be the whole trunk in case I get a flat :P), Width I can't go over 35in in a certain spot due to the wheels being in the way, and height is about 14in.

Oh and btw, that box looks GREAT, I don't necessarily need form fitting, but it's a plus (which is how it is now).

Yea u GOTTA get that paint I used it's amazing LOL, unfortunately I can't remember anything so I'll get back to you on what I used... lol but anyways if I get a flat I'm screwed my box weighs a TON lol but yea I'll get you the specs tomorrow when I measure it and everything and I'll try to come up with some design on a computer if I have time

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Kinetik HC1400

- Big 3

My photography page

Yea u GOTTA get that paint I used it's amazing LOL, unfortunately I can't remember anything so I'll get back to you on what I used... lol but anyways if I get a flat I'm screwed my box weighs a TON lol but yea I'll get you the specs tomorrow when I measure it and everything and I'll try to come up with some design on a computer if I have time

Thanks ahead of time. If I were to get a flat, I PROBABLY could push the box in my car some. If a large ported box is that much worth it, I think I'll just go big or go home anyways. My seats are slanted, so I have about 30in of depth I can use.

Thanks ahead of time. If I were to get a flat, I PROBABLY could push the box in my car some. If a large ported box is that much worth it, I think I'll just go big or go home anyways. My seats are slanted, so I have about 30in of depth I can use.

yeah idk if you can see in the video but my trunk gets really skinny as it goes into the cabin, the opening is probably 38" wide and 13" tall with rounded edges so pushing forward doesn't work lol but I mayyyy seal off the trunk from the cabin cuz it's a pretty easy job since the box takes up 99% of the opening anyway...

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Kinetik HC1400

- Big 3