DC Sound Lab

Damaged DC XL 15"

This is strictly knowledge based, no actual experience behind it so someone else can chime in if i'm wrong BUT! Fixing the motor SHOULD be just retapping to a slightly larger hole since the current hole is already a set size, and is stripped. I just don't know what could/would happen with metal shavings, considering you couldn't just blow/suck them out because of the magnetic force. And yeah, removing the top plate is next to impossible, have you seen the video of them assembling the new Neo motors? When the top plate got like 2 inches away from the neos it got sucked down with some good finger breaking force.

I just pm'd him asking him why and how hes gonna do it, if I have him repair it...

Im really thinking of just calling car audio quits for the time being, as much as I love it, I mean thats all i have been doing for the past month is sketching box designs researching amps, subs and everything car audio, i just dont have the money to get the sub bangin... Idk I'll think on it for a few days, anyone elses opinions/info is appreciated

Edited by dj00140

2010-11 Project:

1 15" DC XL

1 AP3k

1 3.5 cube interchangeable port box

Finishing this all up over the winter and will be starting to compete in 2011!

651 - 612