Second Skin Audio

How Do You Build a Fourth Order

holdenater

Im looking to do hair tricks in a chevy malibu hatch back. I have a Cascade Design Omega 18 on a SAZ 3500D. First question is fourth order enclosure more ideal for doing hair tricks? And if i should build one how do I? I googled it but its all above my knowledge.

Chevy Malibu Maxx

3.5L V6 - 275+ HP

Custom Paint Scheme

Custom Interior

5% VLT Tint

Konig 18" Wheels

Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum Tire

Borla Performance Turbo Dual Cat Back Exhaust

Pioneer AVIC-110BT

4x 6.5 MTX TDX6502 - 60RMS

MTX 704x 4CH Door AMP - 70RMS ea. CH

Monster XLN 304 & XLN 402 Interconnects

Single Cascade Design Omega 18 - 3500RMS

Sundown SAZ-3500D - 3500RMS

3d7304fe.jpg

I don’t know if a fourth order is more ideal for hair tricks over a ported enclosure. I think the key factors are cone area, power and low tuning. With your comment on a fourth order google search was above your current personal knowledge, don’t take this the wrong way but maybe stick with a ported enclosure for now tuned in the 35-38 Hz range. Looking at you system information in your sig there is no mention of a Big-3 or upgraded alternator / batteries. You are going to need to address the needs of that SAZ-3500 and make sure you give it the proper voltage so you don’t damage it with low voltage. Sundown recommends an upgraded alternator and additional batteries to support this amp alone.

With not much info on your sub you may want to try and contact the man behind the company for the specs on your sub. With that info and your hatch dimensions “length-height-width you will see if you have enough air space for your enclosure. There are a couple of people on here who could help you with a basic design for you to build. Not sure of your box building skills or work space to do the build. You will find a ported enclosure does not take up as much room as a 4th order enclosure. And from the builders experiences on the 4th orders some have had to rebuild a few times to adjust the relationship between the sealed / ported / port sizes. May not be a headache you want to face at this time.

Get your cars power supply ready for that amp, work with someone who could design an enclosure for you, build it and don’t forget to post your build and off course post the hairtrick vid.

Good luck

Archived