Sonic Electronix

Alright, so here the scoop. I have 2 SA 12's hooked up to a AQ1200D at 1 ohm in a ported box tuned between 36 - 37hz. Atm the subwoofer level is at zero on the hu along with all the other bass levels. On the amp the bass boost is at max and the remote is at max. The Gain is set so it wont clip as long as i don't turn the hu over volume lvl 25. It shakes my car but im wanting a little more. What is better bass boost or subwoofer level. I have a Kenwood KDCmp345u. Thanks!

mJzD9.png

bass boost: boosts a certain frequency (sometimes variable) I NEVER use bass boost on my amp because it usually adds distortion (only sometimes on my hu if the song severely lacks in bass and i want to add a bit more when my sub level is at max on my hu and i know its not clipping) subwoofer level boosts/cuts the gain for the entire frequency range that the subwoofer is operating at.

Orion 2500D, Jbl Gto 75.4

Team Wolfpack Audio FSQ 15" d2, mb quart xover, tweets peerless 6.5 mids

Alpine cda-105

optima up front Knu klm 1/0

if you Know your not clipping because you oscoped it then the only way to get more is to upgrade. but to answer your question sub level on HU all the way

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

bass boost: boosts a certain frequency (sometimes variable) I NEVER use bass boost on my amp because it usually adds distortion (only sometimes on my hu if the song severely lacks in bass and i want to add a bit more when my sub level is at max on my hu and i know its not clipping) subwoofer level boosts/cuts the gain for the entire frequency range that the subwoofer is operating at.

thank you for clearing that up

mJzD9.png