I hate crimping so..

yeah iuse the copper ones too. how exactly do you use that crimper tool thing? im guessing while its up you just hammer it down? probaly be a good investment if it works good and easy :) any one know where to get a good deal on a box of normal copper terminals?

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

how so? i like how you can reuse them. how mcuh are normal terminals on line? trying to see if i can save money if i buy that crimper thing that was posted above and buy some normal terminals for cheaper. and also how do you use that crimper thing that was posted above? cant find anything up on it..?

the crimper is spring loaded. you put the wire in the terminal, put the terminal under the punch, then wack that bastard with a hammer. it crimps everything between 8ga and 4/0. basically, anything you would need for power application in a car. i use one and it is the bees knees. :drink40:

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

I use the allen screw terminals.... they look good and can always re-use them! Stinger platinum FTW!

also hella easier to use lol

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

the crimper is spring loaded. you put the wire in the terminal, put the terminal under the punch, then wack that bastard with a hammer. it crimps everything between 8ga and 4/0. basically, anything you would need for power application in a car. i use one and it is the bees knees. :drink40:

nice it looks small in that pic.. it it like hand sized or big?

1j1450.png

yeah iuse the copper ones too. how exactly do you use that crimper tool thing? im guessing while its up you just hammer it down? probaly be a good investment if it works good and easy :) any one know where to get a good deal on a box of normal copper terminals?

I got my crimper and the terminals from wiringproducts.com

TDH FTW !!!

1.27 a lug isnt bad.. only thing is you have to order atleast 5 :(

1j1450.png

Cant you reuse normal terminals lol. Just heat up the solder and bam.

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

Cant you reuse normal terminals lol. Just heat up the solder and bam.

sure, if you know what your doin. if you read the first post, you'll see that the OP said he doesnt know how to solder, so i also would guess he doesnt know how to de-solder or re-solder.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

sure, if you know what your doin. if you read the first post, you'll see that the OP said he doesnt know how to solder, so i also would guess he doesnt know how to de-solder or re-solder.

say wahh :rofl:

1j1450.png

Archived