Dyeagain15's F-150 Build (Box Idea/Design Pg 2)

More to come tomorrow. Welding flexed the metal around the emblem, had to pull it out and massage the metal so it wouldn't do the whole coffee can effect. Got it up, layed the first layer of body fill today, ran outta time, so tomorrow comes sanding and polyester fill :D

SSPX0243.jpg

oh and heres the insert welded in. my instructor explained to me to stitch weld across 180 degress from the last weld all the way around to all the welds met, kind turned out shittier than i hoped, kept burning through but got it to where it was good. grinded it down and the rest is is body fill from there

My F-150 Build (So Far)

2 DC L3 10's

Kenwood KDC-X794

(4) Selenium ST200 (Highs)

(2) RE X8 (Mids)

Sundown Sub/Mid/High Amps

Shuriken Batteries

Knu Wiring

My Feedback Thread

Ok so I've been sanding a bunch trying to get everything right. Put on the final guide coat of body fill (keep in my all the body fill you see has been sanded down, no redneck caking it on and calling it good) Ran out of time today so didnt get to sand it down. Ideally, sand prep and prime tomorrow. More pics once i get this done, i gotta have it done by next monday before i go outta town :P

SSPX0246.jpg

My F-150 Build (So Far)

2 DC L3 10's

Kenwood KDC-X794

(2) RE X8 (Mids)

Shuriken Batteries

Knu Wiring

My Feedback Thread

Some updates. The other day my instructor had some primer on order, waiting for it to come in. Just so happens to be on the same day I finish all the body work on the tailgate.

SSPX0250.jpg

Body work completely done

So while I was waiting for the primer to get shipped in, my instructor switched me on jobs (we do actual customer work) working on this....

SSPX0249.jpg

I helped a little on this vinyl wrap, but my job dealing with this was painting all the metal parts on it.

SSPX0231.jpg

And then yesterday, ran the tailgate down with 240 grit, sprayed with wax and grease remover annnndddddd.....

SSPX0251.jpg

Shot it with the first coat of primer :D

Big BIG things gonna be happening in the next month I think you guys will like with the system. Keep tuned for when I start the paint and clearcoat

My F-150 Build (So Far)

2 DC L3 10's

Kenwood KDC-X794

(2) RE X8 (Mids)

Shuriken Batteries

Knu Wiring

My Feedback Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Found this in a christmas present stash UH OH :yahoo:

SSPX0002.jpg

And tailgate updates:

After the first coat of color

SSPX0003.jpg

And all done. 3 coats of color, and 2 of clear. Sanding with 1500 grit, then wet sanded with 3000. Then took the two part buffing compound to it. And wha-la!

SSPX0004.jpg

My F-150 Build (So Far)

2 DC L3 10's

Kenwood KDC-X794

(2) RE X8 (Mids)

Shuriken Batteries

Knu Wiring

My Feedback Thread

• 4 weeks later...

So Christmas goodies are here :yahoo: I gotta hand it to my g/f, she spoiled me this year! So on with the loot

SSPX0006.jpg

SSPX0007.jpg

SSPX0010.jpg

SSPX0008.jpg

SSPX0009.jpg

Maybe you guys can fill in the pieces with the 8's :D

My F-150 Build (So Far)

2 DC L3 10's

Kenwood KDC-X794

(2) RE X8 (Mids)

Shuriken Batteries

Knu Wiring

My Feedback Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Top View

BoxAngle1.jpg

Bottom View

BoxAngle2.jpg

View inside truck

SSPX0011.jpg

So heres the design I'd like to do. Center console design, subs down port up. Bench seat will be replaced with two captains chairs (looking for drivers seat from 60/40 bench to put on passenger side) Amp rack behind the seats with all three sundown amps showing through. Wrapped in black and red vinyl. The indention in the bottom of the box is my idea of giving the subs room to flex so theyre not slapping the floor. I have no idea how to use the box calculator, so if someone wouldnt mind helping (Will pay, shoot me a PM). Heres what I'm looking for.

Truck- 2000 regular cab f150

Power- Sundown SAX1200D

Subs- (2) DC Lvl 3 D4

Space- According to the subs specs- it calls for 1 cubic foot per sub. So for it to fit on the little hump in the middle of the truck, a foot wide or a little over will work, and i think there's plenty of length to work with. Height wise, looking for a foot tall or a little over if possible.

Tuning- Looking for 35 hz range if possible.

If you need any other info lmk

My F-150 Build (So Far)

2 DC L3 10's

Kenwood KDC-X794

(2) RE X8 (Mids)

Shuriken Batteries

Knu Wiring

My Feedback Thread

:peepwall:

:popcorn:

Working on my 93' Ford Bronco rebuild:

I have:
pioneer AVH-P6500
Infinity Reference 6032SI fronts
Infinity Reference 6832CF Rears

Crescendo CZ 6.5 kicks

Crescendo 1100.4

(2) DC Audio LvL 4 M2's

(1) Juicebox Blackcherry
Piece together amps & wiring

Bout to get:
Crescendo Amps

Crescendo Mids

Crescendo Tweets

Sky High Car Audio Wire

Rockford Fosgate 360.2 or .3

My Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/97426-93-ford-bronco-rebuild-full-system-body-paint/

its a very nice design if you are looking for 12x12 then just chamber off the console to get your desired cu ft. and personally in your application i would do sealed because its going to be hard to fit the port in there like that im sure it can be done but i would have to sit and play with designs for days to find something that works

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

its a very nice design if you are looking for 12x12 then just chamber off the console to get your desired cu ft. and personally in your application i would do sealed because its going to be hard to fit the port in there like that im sure it can be done but i would have to sit and play with designs for days to find something that works

Chambering off the box was the plan, i just didnt in the mock up to see inside. Port is just a mock up to. Anything that would work really, im not too familiar with box design even though i have researched it. It's all confusing to me. Its mainly a daily driver, but if i were going for numbers my goal would be around 140 just for grins.

My F-150 Build (So Far)

2 DC L3 10's

Kenwood KDC-X794

(2) RE X8 (Mids)

Shuriken Batteries

Knu Wiring

My Feedback Thread

Archived