Ok, I have an 01 Suburban with 4 18's in it. My truck is falling apart! My main concern is my overhead consoles. The one in the front has the rear air controls and two domes lights. And the one in the "middle" of the truck has the rear air controls and lights in it as well.

My problem with the front console is that the climate controls have 4 clips that hold it in and two are broken so the controls just flap around and make a bunch of noise. The rear has the same problem except it also uses those metal clips to hold the panel on along with two screws. The screws are holding fine its just the metal clips. There is so much vibration that the metal clips keep on coming "unclipped" and from me pushing it back in there is now a groove wore in the plastic and now it wont stay in, now all it takes is a bump in the road and the rear pc hangs.

I know I cant be the only one with this problem...Steve you have had to go thorough this im sure. What do you guys do about it? I will take some pics or maybe a video at lunch to help explain what I am saying.

Any ideas? How can I fix this its driving me nuts and i know if i just let it flap it will brake off soon.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

And your suggestion for my lights? I thought about taking the front Climate controls and moving them into my center console when i build it and just deleting the rear controls all together but that still leaves me with the plastic housing up there making a bunch of noise.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

take them down or just use tape. i got velcro holding mine to the roof. build up the area on the unit and ceiling enough to where u can get good contact and velcro them shits up son.

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

mine are a little bit different in my 98 but i used back strap on my rear controls to pull it tight and hold it in plus i dynamated the shit out of the whole control

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.