Chopped and Screwed

Ahh, but then we get technical.

You always want to chop a beat and not a word. Sometimes the words fall on off beats which gives the illusion of no beat or chop. The chop comes from the beat being repeated. :P:drinks:

But Yeah you definitely got the right theory. :)

DSM this man right here could definitely school you. listen to what he says. :clapping:

yeah it wasnt worth getting technical at all, the average reader wouldnt benefit from an explanation of

if it was real turntable u would have the same record on both tables and crossfade with some great timing, with one record a beat off...

classically u would chop the fourth beat so u can repeat the first twice, but thats ancient... people use computers to show location of beat changes... so its gotten easier

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Lol well I got it slowed down the way I like it. Now I'm just having problems choppin it on Virtual Dj.

Lol thanks for the example but I still don't know how to chop it yet. Lol just slowed it down. Still learning

The trick is to always use the crossfader. Keep the beat in your head. If you want a simple count use a 1-2 count. Start the first deck on the first count and start the second deck on the second count. Make sure your crossfader is RESTING on the second Deck you started.

Now using that same count move the crossfader on the first beat and then back on the second. It helps to kind of get a feel for the beat before you chop it.

yeah it wasnt worth getting technical at all, the average reader wouldnt benefit from an explanation of

if it was real turntable u would have the same record on both tables and crossfade with some great timing, with one record a beat off...

classically u would chop the fourth beat so u can repeat the first twice, but thats ancient... people use computers to show location of beat changes... so its gotten easier

ANYTIME i chopped music i used this method.

Shortcuts are so cheap sounding. any one who chops or in the very least mixes music NEEDS to learn to use a crossfader.

listen to my version of in the air tonight. Bigpimpin also has a version of this song with slower chops.

in the air.mp3

Basicly my chops are going to a faster BPM. to me i like the way i chopped it. OTHER people don't but usually i chop music for me. I rarely share unless asked to. lol

just remember, there are no smart people in the world, only some less retarded than others

wow shes hot too who is she? kim petras? wheres that from...i'd buss that open

Bone stock 2015 Genesis Sedan

RIP Civic :(

sundown_audio_logo-1-1.jpg

The trick is to always use the crossfader. Keep the beat in your head. If you want a simple count use a 1-2 count. Start the first deck on the first count and start the second deck on the second count. Make sure your crossfader is RESTING on the second Deck you started.

Now using that same count move the crossfader on the first beat and then back on the second. It helps to kind of get a feel for the beat before you chop it.

ANYTIME i chopped music i used this method.

Shortcuts are so cheap sounding. any one who chops or in the very least mixes music NEEDS to learn to use a crossfader.

listen to my version of in the air tonight. Bigpimpin also has a version of this song with slower chops.

in the air.mp3

Basicly my chops are going to a faster BPM. to me i like the way i chopped it. OTHER people don't but usually i chop music for me. I rarely share unless asked to. lol

I'll try it out and see what happens. Thanks