Sonic Electronix

question about how to hook up speakers and tweetrs

hi guys im thinking of getting 1 set of RF t1652-s for my front doors and 1 set of RF t152-s for my rear doors and an RF t400.4..now my question is smple how do i hook the 4 speakers and the 4 tweetrs up to the amp.? if anyone can enlighten me i would be more that greatfull.

shouldnt be too hard. i drew up a quickie diagram on how to do it. i know some RF components have 2 inputs per crossover, one for woofer one for tweeter, but the manual tells you what input to use if you are using 1 amp for both woofer and tweeter and not one amp for each. its the same as wiring up anything else except you have a crossover to deal with. the light blue is from crossover to the tweeter and woofer which is self explanatory. but the red and black is speaker wire going to amp to crossover (again refer to manual on which input to use on the crossover IF you have 2 separate inputs)

pXSyT.jpg

Edited by Kranny

shouldnt be too hard. i drew up a quickie diagram on how to do it. i know some RF components have 2 inputs per crossover, one for woofer one for tweeter, but the manual tells you what input to use if you are using 1 amp for both woofer and tweeter and not one amp for each. its the same as wiring up anything else except you have a crossover to deal with. the light blue is from crossover to the tweeter and woofer which is self explanatory. but the red and black is speaker wire going to amp to crossover (again refer to manual on which input to use on the crossover IF you have 2 separate inputs)

pXSyT.jpg

i understood nearly everything. one thing i didnt understan is how from a crossover that has 2 inputs 1 for the tweeter and one for the woofer which they both have a negative and a possetive line will take up one negative and one posetive on the amp.

i understood nearly everything. one thing i didnt understan is how from a crossover that has 2 inputs 1 for the tweeter and one for the woofer which they both have a negative and a possetive line will take up one negative and one posetive on the amp.

yeah i knew you'd get confused on this. check the manual, it should specify which input to use whether it be tweeter or woofer or a bridge of some sort (might be woofer i dont know)

yeah i knew you'd get confused on this. check the manual, it should specify which input to use whether it be tweeter or woofer or a bridge of some sort (might be woofer i dont know)

ok one last thing. is it possible for me to be able to connect all woofers and tweeters to the amp? im asking this cause i havent got them yet. and if it cant happen im not gonna get them.

ok one last thing. is it possible for me to be able to connect all woofers and tweeters to the amp? im asking this cause i havent got them yet. and if it cant happen im not gonna get them.

as i just said, yes. 4 crossovers 4 channels.

as i just said, yes. 4 crossovers 4 channels.

ye but each crossover has 2 negative and 2 possative outputs...and the amp has 4 possative and 4 negative.

these are the speakers and the crossovers i wanna get..plz take a look and tell me. btw the 2 sets have the same crossovers.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.asp?cat_id=3&series_id=34&family_id=29&item_id=112904&locale=en_US&p_status=

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.asp?item_id=112903&locale=en_US

Edited by mako22

ye but each crossover has 2 negative and 2 possative outputs...and the amp has 4 possative and 4 negative.

these are the speakers and the crossovers i wanna get..plz take a look and tell me. btw the 2 sets have the same crossovers.

yes they have 2 negative and 2 positive OUTPUTS on the crossovers because they have to hook up to the tweeter and woofer. they have 2 negative and 2 positive INPUTS because some people like to run one amp solely for tweeters and one amp solely for woofers. but if you look in the manual (which is available on the RF site if you dont have the product), it will tell you how to wire each crossover up to 1 channel even though each one has 2 inputs.

Edited by Kranny

bingo, page 4 of the manual. tells you about bi-amp crossover wiring (if you want to hook up 2 amps per crossover). to switch the crossover to use 1 amp, take the cover off the bottom of the crossover, and flip the BI-AMP switch to OFF and then hook up amp channel to the TWT (tweeter) input. and thats it.

bingo, page 4 of the manual. tells you about bi-amp crossover wiring (if you want to hook up 2 amps per crossover). to switch the crossover to use 1 amp, take the cover off the bottom of the crossover, and flip the BI-AMP switch to OFF and then hook up amp channel to the TWT (tweeter) input. and thats it.

thanx alot for your help now i deffinatly think im gonna get them...:)

:yahoo:

now if you have time one last question...the amp im gonna get gives:

60 Watts x 4 @ 4-Ohms

100 Watts x 4 @ 2-Ohms

200 Watts x 2 @ 4-Ohms Bridged

2-Ohms x 2 Bridged Stable

the t1652-s are rated at 100wattsrms and the t152-s are rated at 75wattsrms each how do i hook up the t1652-s at 2 ohms?

Edited by mako22