cichlidfort Posted November 10, 2010 Report Posted November 10, 2010 Is a Kicker 15" L7 a single voice coil or a dual voice coil. I've been out of this for a while and am installing an amp right now. I have the AQ1200d. Can I wire this to two ohms? My last amp was a Hifonics BXI Brutus 2607d and I had it wired down to two ohms and then it went out...not sure why so now I have this amp and am not sure what to do. Thanks. 2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style) Setup in the makings
ryanFA5 Posted November 10, 2010 Report Posted November 10, 2010 DualVC. Is it 2 ohm coils or 4 ohm coils? 2010 Civic SI sedan: Crystal Black Pearl All stock.
sqsux Posted November 10, 2010 Report Posted November 10, 2010 Is a Kicker 15" L7 a single voice coil or a dual voice coil. I've been out of this for a while and am installing an amp right now. I have the AQ1200d. Can I wire this to two ohms? My last amp was a Hifonics BXI Brutus 2607d and I had it wired down to two ohms and then it went out...not sure why so now I have this amp and am not sure what to do. Thanks. That amp is rated to do 1200 watts at one ohm, so yes you can wire to two ohms. and every L7 I've ever seen is dual, if it has two red push terminals and two blacks then yes it's dual. Start out boxy, shape as you move along. Dc Audio Team Fur
Chally Posted November 10, 2010 Report Posted November 10, 2010 I think they are dual voice coil and if they are d4 ohm coils then you can wire down to 2 ohms.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.