Sonic Electronix

well what if i dont want them to pulse with the beat and jsut wire them into my batter pos and neg and put a switch inbetween the pos to turn it on and off.. i just want to light up my box red for the wow factor at night lol would i still need a relay and stuff/ can someone link me to some good cheap little led's i can use? dont want a led bar, would prefer just little lights i can mount in box.

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

can someone conform itll be alright if i just wire them into my back battery? sorr im a led/lights noob :(

Edited by chapo123

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

well what if i dont want them to pulse with the beat and jsut wire them into my batter pos and neg and put a switch inbetween the pos to turn it on and off.. i just want to light up my box red for the wow factor at night lol would i still need a relay and stuff/ can someone link me to some good cheap little led's i can use? dont want a led bar, would prefer just little lights i can mount in box.

Yeah, if you don't mind if they don't pulse, just hook them up to the battery and have a nice switch mounted in the dash somewhere. Anyway, IMHO I think that ones that pulse to the music are kinda ricerish looking, like something you'd see in a cheap prefab system where they make up for the crappyness by adding as much bling as possible. But that's just my opinion, haha.

http://secure.oatleyelectronics.com//product_info.php?products_id=699&osCsid=b4f701b3bb51694dbb08462ce2c607a7

I bought like $140 worth of these (not all red, a bunch of each colour) back when they were like $3.40 or something. They are damn bright so you wouldn't need many, I use 6 of them for a brake light in a stock spoiler. I can get some pics of them if you want?

EDIT: If you wire them to your back battery, you will still need a switch (and of course a resistor), so if you want to switch it from the dash you will need some back and forth wiring. But it's really what is easiest for you, it's not like you need to run 0g for them, haha.

EDIT: EDIT: lol wait, I count 51 of them just here, not counting a few missing ones and the 6 in the car. Must have been more than $140 :ehh: . I have too many LEDs.

Edited by bassl0va

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

:blink: Not once have I seen anyone mention a resistor, if you're running a LED off 12v, you will definitely want a resistor otherwise it could eventually fry.

Also, I wouldn't parallel it with a sub. That's asking for something bad to happen.

you took the words right out of my mouth. definitely need resistors to keep heat out so they do not fry.

Yeah, if you don't mind if they don't pulse, just hook them up to the battery and have a nice switch mounted in the dash somewhere. Anyway, IMHO I think that ones that pulse to the music are kinda ricerish looking, like something you'd see in a cheap prefab system where they make up for the crappyness by adding as much bling as possible. But that's just my opinion, haha.

http://secure.oatleyelectronics.com//product_info.php?products_id=699&osCsid=b4f701b3bb51694dbb08462ce2c607a7

I bought like $140 worth of these (not all red, a bunch of each colour) back when they were like $3.40 or something. They are damn bright so you wouldn't need many, I use 6 of them for a brake light in a stock spoiler. I can get some pics of them if you want?

EDIT: If you wire them to your back battery, you will still need a switch (and of course a resistor), so if you want to switch it from the dash you will need some back and forth wiring. But it's really what is easiest for you, it's not like you need to run 0g for them, haha.

EDIT: EDIT: lol wait, I count 51 of them just here, not counting a few missing ones and the 6 in the car. Must have been more than $140 :ehh: . I have too many LEDs.

running wires is no prob for me at all, i could just keep the switch in the back tho to save time. lol sorry if this sounds really nooby but what is a resistor lol.. i was thinking of using 2 or 3 leds and just connect to my back battery just to light my box up like this

fast foward to 9:10

1j1450.png

running wires is no prob for me at all, i could just keep the switch in the back tho to save time. lol sorry if this sounds really nooby but what is a resistor lol.. i was thinking of using 2 or 3 leds and just connect to my back battery just to light my box up like this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resistor

resistors and all about them. They are the most common electronic part, there is at least one in everything. Because of this, they are incredibly cheap, but you will probaby have to buy 10 of them since selling them separately is impractical.

3 of the ones I linked you to should be fine. You might want to get 5 or so since you might want more light.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.