DC Sound Lab

DC lvl 3 enclosure suggestions?

First of I'm in the bandwagon now :]

What would you all who have had or have this sub have to say about what kind of enclosure to use?

I though about doing a t-line outta my trunk with a single 12" Lvl 3 but I really don't know what to do next, I've read a couple of pages on foreverbumpin's thread but I still don't quite understand the pro's con's and whether the design will be useful to me or not for my music tastes which include a variety of genres. The subs fs is 28.3 Hz and on the thread it says tune to fs or tune to the boost on the amp in this case a bxi 1606 and boost at 45 Hz. I feel if I tune that high or even a bit less I might not get desired outputs.

For ported I was messing around with torres' calculator but that was not getting me far either. I see so many people with huge ports and I can seem to get any right. I have read that the 16in^2 per cube was ok but it's better to have the same amount of port area as that of the subs combined cone which in my case is 76in^2 for the 12 which sort of goes back to that 1/4 theory

If all else fails I think I'm just gonna stick it in a small-ish sealed box and throw more power to it than rms, as I've read smaller sealed = more power handling...

Any and all help is appreciated and thanks!

An Audio Technix 18" Strato on a Kicker KX120.2

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

I've bought from JBurt09, OrionStang, bcpballer64, LoudNLow931, audioman21, and CJ18 from here (as refs)

7j2.png