Quicksilver Z06 Posted November 29, 2010 Report Posted November 29, 2010 What's up all? I've been following Meade's videos for the last few years and finally decided to join the board to ask a few questions on setting up a simple set up for a daily driver. Nothing fancy, just something that will reliably take daily abuse for years. I will be putting this into a 98+ Honda Accord/Toyota Camry (4 cyl) HU: Pioneer AVIC F900 AMP: Memphis Audio PRD 1000.1 SUB: Single 12" in a ported enclosure The headunit and amp I already have, which is why those will be used. In terms of the sub I was thinking of using the Alpine SWX-1243D or the RE Audio SXX 12", which looks like both will require a 2.0 cubes box. Which of the two do you guys suggest for this set up, any reason why suggesting one over the other? In terms of power delivery, I've heard it suggested to do the "big 3" (battery to chassis, battery to block, positive lead to alternator). Recommended to do so, or is just a band aid to what should really be done? I want to run this amp at 1OHM to get the most out of it. I'm assuming I'll need to upgrade the factory alternator? (Is this where Mechman comes in?) I'm not sure what the factory amp output of the alternator is yet. Is it really necessary or just better to use a 2nd battery in the trunk...or both? Do capacitors really do anything? I plan on using 0/1 gauge from the battery out to the amp, 200A fuse, and 0/1 for the negative lead to the chassis as well. I do plan on possibly adding a second small amp for the component speakers later on (200W-500W) for consideration in terms of power needs. On the subject of the box, can you suggest where to find a quality premade box that would fit the specs called out by the sub? Or better to have one custom made? Please feel free to mention any other suggestions/ends I haven't brought up. Such as, secondskin vs dynamat in terms of pricing? I know I'm coming on loaded with questions, but I want to do it "right" rather than works but cheap this time.
CaptainzPlanetz Posted November 29, 2010 Report Posted November 29, 2010 Given its a Honda I figure you probably have a 90 amp alt, though I think you will be fine running 1000rms with a small battery in the back(HC600,XSD925etc...) Capacitors have there place, mostly in the SQ world to keep the small voltage peaks as smooth as possible, so only if you can hold voltage perfect there really not beneficial to you system. Your wiring to the amp sounds good, Big 3 is a great upgrade, I gained half a volt doing it, it may not seem like alot but that half a volt could mean a few hundered watts. For a box, a custom one is always better, where do you live perhaps there is an SMD member that wouldnt mind building you a box/helping you build a box ¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ Trolls never learn............ All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls. YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS? Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.
Quicksilver Z06 Posted November 29, 2010 Author Report Posted November 29, 2010 Would a smaller battery be due to the size of the smaller factory alternator, or would I be okay going to a slightly bigger one? I'm located in California, eastern part of the Bay Area. Will a 2.0 cube box pretty much kill usable trunk space?
CaptainzPlanetz Posted November 29, 2010 Report Posted November 29, 2010 Would a smaller battery be due to the size of the smaller factory alternator, or would I be okay going to a slightly bigger one? I'm located in California, eastern part of the Bay Area. Will a 2.0 cube box pretty much kill usable trunk space? 2cubes shouldnt take up too much space in most trunks, so you will be fine, I was able to fit just under 4 cubes in my trunk. So you will definatly be fine. You can get a bigger battery if you want it will help more, I was just recommending the bare minimum I would go with, more is always better. Also there are quite a few members in Cali, Im sure one will pop in to help ¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ Trolls never learn............ All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls. YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS? Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.