See what snow does

Yeah, my 99' Durango was the same way. That's the way my Expedition is set up also, but if you take it off AWD and put it in 4wd and turn the steering wheel as far as it'll go on dry pavement and step on the gas a bit then the front diff will bind a bit and the truck will buck

that is not from the diff. it is from the limitations of the u joint or knuckle which will bind up because they can only operate in the intended range they were made for. most people are not dumb enough to turn there wheels all the way in 4wd and stomp on the gas like you lol

^^^ The working angle of the drive shaft****

My F-150 Build (So Far)

2 DC L3 10's

Kenwood KDC-X794

(4) Selenium ST200 (Highs)

(2) RE X8 (Mids)

Sundown Sub/Mid/High Amps

Shuriken Batteries

Knu Wiring

My Feedback Thread

And i wills state if you look at trucks/ suv's know alot come with the feature to get a locking/non locking differential's

Pretty sure ford has it where you can lock each front wheel outside of the truck.

not just ford a lot of companies have lock outs on the hubs depending on year of the vehicle

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

And i wills state if you look at trucks/ suv's know alot come with the feature to get a locking/non locking differential's

Pretty sure ford has it where you can lock each front wheel outside of the truck.

not just ford a lot of companies have lock outs on the hubs depending on year of the vehicle

Only ones i seen them on is Ford so I couldn't list others :P

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

Yeah, my 99' Durango was the same way. That's the way my Expedition is set up also, but if you take it off AWD and put it in 4wd and turn the steering wheel as far as it'll go on dry pavement and step on the gas a bit then the front diff will bind a bit and the truck will buck

that is not from the diff. it is from the limitations of the u joint or knuckle which will bind up because they can only operate in the intended range they were made for. most people are not dumb enough to turn there wheels all the way in 4wd and stomp on the gas like you lol

no not drive shaft that pretty much stays in the same spot besides some suspension travel. it at the tire were the u joint or knuckle is at to allow the tire to turn and still be a drive tire. all depends if you have an open one like on a older ford whick has a u joint or a newer chevy which has an axle shaft with a seal knuckle

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

Those shafts that go to the front wheels on a 4wd are called the "half shafts" not the "drive shaft". And the half shafts have nothing to do with the binding. If they did it would also do it on a front wheel drive vehicle

"i'd rather die like a man than live like a coward" quoted from Tupac

no not drive shaft that pretty much stays in the same spot besides some suspension travel. it at the tire were the u joint or knuckle is at to allow the tire to turn and still be a drive tire. all depends if you have an open one like on a older ford whick has a u joint or a newer chevy which has an axle shaft with a seal knuckle

Well what I'm referring to as the studder, when say a CV shaft/ or the drive shaft U-joint working angles are too extreme, you will get a studder at certain points due to the Ujoints "binding" for lack of a better term in their travel instead of a fluid motion while spinning. Which is why it is necessary on bigger lift kits to extend the drive shaft length

My F-150 Build (So Far)

2 DC L3 10's

Kenwood KDC-X794

(4) Selenium ST200 (Highs)

(2) RE X8 (Mids)

Sundown Sub/Mid/High Amps

Shuriken Batteries

Knu Wiring

My Feedback Thread

We are kinda starting to get back on track now LOL

All this talk about drive shafts reminds me when my buddys drive shaft on his ford F250 i believe kept coming out LOL

Turns out the Yoke was bad.

had to drive home with the 4wd on, the back end was just spinning lol.

That thing went through HELL!

The fucker caught fire while we were tryin to climb a big ass hill, the tranny cooler line popped off and shit just went from there LOL

We pissed on it to get it to go out.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

Archived