Peavey Pv3800

Now, I don't usually talk about crap such as this, or make topics at all on any forum, however I feel that I must sing praises about the Peavey PV3800. If any of you are thinking of upgrading your woofer(s) amplifier(s) and feel you need some serious punch, the Peavey is perfect. I purchased the Peavey not too long ago to power twin Wharfedale EVP-X18B woofers, which take an RMS wattage of 600w and a program (transient) wattage of approx 1100-1200w. The PV3800 supplies 1300wrms into a 4 ohm load per channel, with a 2950wrms rating @ 8 ohm bridged. It does so with power and proficiency, never missing the fastest transient note and shows strong control over the cone's movement. It is almost silent during operation and although it runs quite warm when compared to many amplifiers, you will have a very hard time making it thermal out.

The only thing I have to say negatively about the Peavey is that at times it can be too powerful. Recently I smoked one of the 18's when I forget to reset my gain adjustments and it dropped the full 1300w into the 600w woofer on a sine wave (Hypnotize) below the woofer's frequency limits. So in short, if any of you are looking for a powerful amplifier at home or in a PA system, I cannot reccommend the Peavey enough.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

Archived