Need help from fi please

Ok guys this is the deal i want to buy a Fi 15" sub and i already have a box build but i cant figure out which sub would be better for the box. the box is 40l x 20w x12.5h and the port is 56 square inches of opening and 23" deep.can someone also help me figuring out what this box is tuned to.thanks

note:box is build in 3/4 mdf

Need the port opening dimensions as well.

You can calculate volume of enclosures here. You then have to do length x width x height for your port and subtract that from the volume.

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp#rec

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

Need the port opening dimensions as well.

You can calculate volume of enclosures here. You then have to do length x width x height for your port and subtract that from the volume.

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp#rec

ok so it looks like i have a 4.53 cf internal box not including displacements tuned around 35hz.so the question is which fi 15" sub would be better option for this box the ssd or the Q series?

Depends on how much power you plan on running...

You have to calculate your displacements as well. Either post the dimensions or use the basic geometry formula of length x width x height / 1728 to figure out how much volume the port is taking up.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

Depends on how much power you plan on running...

You have to calculate your displacements as well. Either post the dimensions or use the basic geometry formula of length x width x height / 1728 to figure out how much volume the port is taking up.

according to my calculations i have 3.79 cf left after taking out the port displacement.so at the end i will have around 3.5 cf considering the sub displacement be 0.29 cf.as of power i have 9 amps ranging from 1k- 12k so power is not a problem.

i have a box thats 3.5 cf after displacements tuned to 37hz what fi 15" sub would fit better for this box?

I wouldn't run any sub tuned higher than 33Hz daily driving...you are going to have to turn your subsonic filter way up so you do not shred the sub below tuning.