This band will change your life...

I couldn't multiquote enough....how can they change your life if you can't understand what there saying?

I think singing talent in "prog rock/ metal/ screamo/ whatever else you can add" is dead....or I should say, never really existed; depending on when "prog rock" actually began. I don't understand what anyone finds appealing about listening to someone scream. and I have yet to hear any good answer as to why you would want to.

Now on the contrary, I truly believe that some of these musicians that are in these bands (finkster mentioned the drummer) ARE in fact talented. but personally I think they are wasting there time with these singers. Its a damn shame to see it go to waste.

Like someone said earlier we usually see it as another instrument instead of the vocals being the main focus and the other instruments being background. And just because they have dirty vocals (that's what I call it) doesn't mean they can't actually sing; the best example I can think of is Opeth's vocalist, love his voice.

But still music is completely subjective, look at popular music in other cultures and how music has evolved through time. There's no point in arguing whether a band is good or not, if you groove with it then awesome.

But no, this band doesn't really do much for me.

Archived