DodgerCannon Posted December 24, 2010 Report Posted December 24, 2010 Hi all, I've noticed that a lot of you in the states are covering the inside of your boxes with fiberglass matting. I was wondering why you do this? I was going to fiberglass in inside of my wall to seal it off fully but would it add strength? Also fiberglass isn't the smoothest material, I've always thought that the smoother the inside the better?? Cheers guys
smokeumtires Posted December 24, 2010 Report Posted December 24, 2010 We add Matting for strength purposes.. The more ridged the enclosure, The LESS Flex, The more output. If you do add matte, you add 3-4 more coats of resin after it, it will still be smooth... Yes it will add weight, But the enclosure will be strong as hell!
DodgerCannon Posted December 24, 2010 Author Report Posted December 24, 2010 Thanks guys. How thick should the matting be to add strength? I've got 450g matting
smokeumtires Posted December 24, 2010 Report Posted December 24, 2010 Its all personal Preference really... I use the Thickest shit i can find, then just resin the crap outta it!
DodgerCannon Posted December 24, 2010 Author Report Posted December 24, 2010 Okay cheers guys! Massive help... ill be layering it up to make it strong
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.