Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys. I have an Orion 280gx that I removed from a car about 20 years ago. I half-assed removed it by cutting the wires at the amp, so I was hoping someone could tell me the wiring. Here is a picture of the wiring (not mine):

280gx.jpg

On the top there is an orange, yellow, black (which I believe splits into a black yellow-striped and black orange-striped on the outside), and blue wire.

On the bottom there is one black (thick), one red (thick), and a thin black wire.

I have no clue what some of them could be :S.

Edit: I figured I would add what I think each wire is. Please correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm not sure if this is a monoblock or stereo amp.

Orange - Positive to Speaker 1

Yellow - Positive to Speaker 2

Black w/ Orange - Negative to Speaker 1

Black w/ Yellow - Negative to Speaker 2

Blue - Remote Wire

Red - Power

Black (thick) - Ground

Black (thin) - ???

  • 1 month later...
Posted

I realize this thread is kind of old, but I figured I would answer your question. The secondary smaller black wire next to the ground wire is for the older audio systems that utilized a floating ground.

Also, that amplifier is a stereo amplifier that requires an external bridging model to invert one of the channels. I have three of them (280GX amplifiers) myself!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 432 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...