Sonic Electronix

this has to be the 10th aero port thread ive seen the past 3 days, use the search button people

/rent a nate(n8ball2013, for all you noobcakes 8) )

my bad dude just was askin a question

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang V6

Exterior: Blacked Out Taillights, Turn Signals, Side Markers-Black 18x8 Enkei ls5-6000k HID's

Interior: Blue LED Strips with Module for Music-Hardwired Beltronics RX65 with Blue LED and remote button

Sub: 2 10 inch custom subs

Amp: Hifonics BRz 2600

Wire: Knu 0 gauge

Headunit: Kenwood kiv-bt901

Damplifier: Fatmat Rattletrap

Electrical: Stock Alt/Stock Battery/Big 3

this has to be the 10th aero port thread ive seen the past 3 days, use the search button people

no offence what so ever, just sayin :peepwall:

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

no offence what so ever, just sayin :peepwall:

ohh no its all good man. i was just curious because this is my first time if ima use aero ports.

i always see you guys say use the search button haha just thought this was a lil more specific :pardon:

Exterior: Blacked Out Taillights, Turn Signals, Side Markers-Black 18x8 Enkei ls5-6000k HID's

Interior: Blue LED Strips with Module for Music-Hardwired Beltronics RX65 with Blue LED and remote button

I've been through this exact situation. I used two 3" on my 12" XL in 1.5cubes and had a TON of port noise partially because I had to bend them. Skittles and members from my team heard it. It moved a lot of air but had a lot of annoying port noise. Again the XL is different then the lvl 3 so there is a lot that can change. How much power are you going to run to it? If you're going to be running around rated RMS aim for closer to 2 cubes or a little more. I'm at 2.3cubes net with a 6" aero tuned to 34hz. Takes a lot of added bracing to get box volume down and get most of the port in it. Would be easier if you would just did a slot port and leave it in the trunk. For 600 watts on one sub I wouldn't recommend sealing it off. For the work it takes with that power I don't think it would really be worth it. Do two 12s and you can be in business. It's just how much time and money you want to put into it. Sealing from the trunk can be a pain sometimes. I'm on my 3rd box now and it's not the funnest sealed up the trunk 2 or 3 times in a short time.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

I've been through this exact situation. I used two 3" on my 12" XL in 1.5cubes and had a TON of port noise partially because I had to bend them. Skittles and members from my team heard it. It moved a lot of air but had a lot of annoying port noise. Again the XL is different then the lvl 3 so there is a lot that can change. How much power are you going to run to it? If you're going to be running around rated RMS aim for closer to 2 cubes or a little more. I'm at 2.3cubes net with a 6" aero tuned to 34hz. Takes a lot of added bracing to get box volume down and get most of the port in it. Would be easier if you would just did a slot port and leave it in the trunk. For 600 watts on one sub I wouldn't recommend sealing it off. For the work it takes with that power I don't think it would really be worth it. Do two 12s and you can be in business. It's just how much time and money you want to put into it. Sealing from the trunk can be a pain sometimes. I'm on my 3rd box now and it's not the funnest sealed up the trunk 2 or 3 times in a short time.

yeah damn i might get 2 just the box is hard to fit in the trunk. i was thinking just get a level 3 with 4 parts or somethin then save up in time and get an xl. i been thinking alot about this id like too but only if its not veery very difficult but itd be fun experience :)

and id prolly run an audiopipe 1000 or something