Alt problems

Alright so this is what i have. I recently bought a 220HO alt from iragi. This was said to be a direct fit replacement. However this was a tad larger then the old one so there had to be some work done to make it fit. Alright so i got it in and its working. So i installed this stinger volt meter for my amp, thats running but half the time im running at 13.8volts with car running and nothing on. I do also have a kinetik 2400 in the rear. i went pos to pos for the batts and just grounded both batts in different areas. (didn't do the neg to neg). And my amp is a t-1500bdcp witch is said to be great on power and its hooked to 4 ohms. I do have the big 3 upgrade. But it just seems like there are issues with the power generating system. This is all in a jeep cherokee sport 2000. NEED HELP!

Thanks, Dan

Guest DC Power Kyle

The alternator is controlled by the PCM. So in return your voltage is completely reliant on the PCM. However if the alternator has subpar idle performance, then you'll see a decrease in voltage as well. Leave your car unplugged from the battery all night and then plug it in and let the car relearn all the parameters. This may get your voltage up a little bit.

Archived