iPhone 3G without data plan?

long story short, my phone broke so my mom asked AT&T to put a temp block on my internet last night. phone started working in the same night and all my texting/calling features worked, call at&t and ask them to block internet usage.

Did you start out with an iPhone?

yes, but most phones have internet. call and say you keep accidentally hitting the button to go to the internet and you want it blocked completely so you don't have to worry about it, then switch your sim to the iphone and when you turn it on it should just say at&t with no 3g sign or E.

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

But like GangstaLimp said, they can just bill you for the dataplan automatically, and I have read about that on other sites too, which is what I am worried about because it isn't like a normal "internet Package". Maybe I am wrong though?

2003 Ford Taurus

15" Fi BL fully loaded

T1500-1 amp

Crescendo CCX525s in fronts

Kenwoods in rear

P400-4 amp

But like GangstaLimp said, they can just bill you for the dataplan automatically, and I have read about that on other sites too, which is what I am worried about because it isn't like a normal "internet Package". Maybe I am wrong though?

I switched from my 3G back to my old 2g iPhone and my bill went down since I wasn't using their 3G service. Then I switched back to my 3G but didn't change my plan so months later I got a notice saying I owed some ungodly amount in back charges for not having the proper plan. Not sure if this will apply to your situation, just don't want to see someone get screwed.

03' Element

Stolen!

I switched from my 3G back to my old 2g iPhone and my bill went down since I wasn't using their 3G service. Then I switched back to my 3G but didn't change my plan so months later I got a notice saying I owed some ungodly amount in back charges for not having the proper plan. Not sure if this will apply to your situation, just don't want to see someone get screwed.

yea maybe you should call and ask them since something like this has actually happened, it is kind of silly that they automatically stick you with some data plan based on the phone you want.

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

Archived