iPhone 3G without data plan?

Well, my Samsung Impression touchscreen called it quits on me today, and my friend has an old iPhone 3G that he isn't using anymore. I have talk, text and internet in my plan; but I do not have the $30/month data plan for smartphones.

I have been trying to do some research, and have found that people have jailbroke the phone; and then unlocked, get SBSettings and disable Edge and 3G and then disable push and location and all from the phone's settings. For extra safety always make sure I would have wifi before accessing an app that uses internet.

Sound like it may work? Thanks

2003 Ford Taurus

15" Fi BL fully loaded

T1500-1 amp

Crescendo CCX525s in fronts

Kenwoods in rear

P400-4 amp

long story short, my phone broke so my mom asked AT&T to put a temp block on my internet last night. phone started working in the same night and all my texting/calling features worked, call at&t and ask them to block internet usage.

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

Yeah AT&T. So I wouldn't be able to call or text?

I wish I could test it for you on a jailbroken device but currently my 3G is back to stock. And to disable 3G and Edge SBSettings is not needed, just a more convenient way to do it than going into settings.

There may be a way to make that work but if you aren't using 3G OR EDGE then WHAT network are you on? How could you make any call or text with both of AT&T's networks disabled? Can't hurt to try but if they find out you

have an iPhone and no plan which is easily detectable they will just start charging you for the plan or back charges on an iPhone plan.

03' Element

Stolen!

long story short, my phone broke so my mom asked AT&T to put a temp block on my internet last night. phone started working in the same night and all my texting/calling features worked, call at&t and ask them to block internet usage.

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

I highly doubt it but then again I'm not sure. Almost all smartphones REQUIRE the data package and that'll probably include the iphone3

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

Did you start out with an iPhone?

2003 Ford Taurus

15" Fi BL fully loaded

T1500-1 amp

Crescendo CCX525s in fronts

Kenwoods in rear

P400-4 amp

Archived