Sundown Audio

Amp For L7 15

MickyMcD

My mate's gone and picked up an L7 for a good price but hasn't got an amp to power them. He says he has a Pioneer 600wrms amp at home (no specs given to me), however I thought that this amplifier may be a wee bit more suited to his application. It is a Zenon board, and performs quite well for what we Aussies pay for them.

1500WRMS Class D Amplifier Linkable

Attention SPL enthusiasts and competitors! Alas, literally tons of power without having to spend a ton! This award winning* Class D amplifier belts out a whopping 1500WRMS @ 1 ohm load! If this is not sufficient for your application, the unit is equipped with a link/strap mode whereby two amplifiers are placed in parallel operation (master and slave configuration) to double the output to 3000WRMS @ 2ohm load!

Utilising only the newest in car audio technology, high quality components are laid out neatly on a double sided PCB. It offers 4 way protection; thermal; over current; speaker short and speaker DC protection to protect your valuable investments. Features to help you achieve astronomical SPL figures are 24dB octave variable low pass filter and subsonic filter as well as an 18dB variable bass boost! Other basic features found on all of our Response range of amplifiers are insert style connectors, low profile stylish heat sink and remote level control.

Note:

This is a serious professional audio equipment and proper installation and wiring must be adhered to avoid damages. Please read user manual for installation and wiring guidelines.

Specifications:

Power @ 4ohm 14.4V: 800WRMS

Power @ 2ohm 14.4V: 1000WRMS

Power @ 1ohm 14.4V: 1500WRMS

Low Pass Filter: 35 - 350Hz @ 24dB/octave

Sub Sonic Filter: 10 - 60Hz @ 24dB/octave

Bass Boost: 0 - 18dB @ 45Hz

Efficiency: 88% 100Hz @ 4ohm

Dimensions: 434(L) x 258(W) x 50(D) mm

* First place winner of the 2006 Car Audio Australia Magazine's Product of the Year award

He wants to keep price to a minimum, and this amp will only cost him $700AUS (around $571US) straight off the shelf. Unfortunately I cannot give specs such as slew rate or damping factor, as these specs are all I have been given.

Do you think that this amp is apllicable in this situation or do you think that there may be better options?

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

Archived