Sonic Electronix

Amplifiers, Subwoofers, & Batteries...Please Help

Good Day All,

Before I begin I would just like to thank everyone who will assist on this matter

I am preparing to build a system in my vehicle. I am not looking to just do a crap system I want clean, crisp, bass and clear audio. So I have decided to go with an old school company...Phoenix Gold. Regardless of what anyone may think the company is back on the rise since they have joined up with AAMP Now while I build this system I have done countless research on how to go about this but for the life of me I am a little confused when it comes to amplifiers and subwoofers. My old system was Rockford Fosgate and I had 2 12" Rockford Fosgate HX2's ran by a 1500 watt Absolute Amplifier. Unfortunately the classic HX2's that I inherited from my father finally gave out on me and now it's back to the drawing board. I am now in the market to purchase the following (which is listed below) and I need to know how to power it all correctly. Please all understand this system will be played daily so I need it to hold it's own. I am not looking for massive bass like Mr. Meade but I want a complete clean system which I am building and designing on my own (Pictures soon).

Now for the specs:

I have a 2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe it has the big three upgrade.

Right now the car is completely stock all aftermarket speakers have been removed everything is back to how it came when I purchased the car.

I will be installing:

2 200 amp Altenators

I have

2 - 500 watt RMS Blade 1000 Digital Amplifiers

The Head Unit:

Pioneer Avic-D3

Door Speakers:

2 - Phoenix Gold 6" 125 watts RMS

Rear Speakers:

2 - Phoenix Gold 6x9 90 watts RMS

Tweeters

4 - 3" Powerbass Tweeters 100 watts RMS

Subwoofers

4 - 12" Phoenix Gold DVC 600 watts RMS (Dual 4 ohm)

2 - 10" Phoenix Gold 400 watts RMS

Now My question is what kind of amp can I get to run the 4 12's. Can 4 12's be hooked to 1 2500.1 amplifier that is 2500 watts x 1 channel at 1 ohm or 1500 watts x 1 channel at 2 ohms? Will it run okay or do I need something else? I typically want to run the subwoofers at 600 watts RMS. The amps will be all phoenix gold aside from the two that are running the 10's. Also once I get an amp or amps to run the 12's how many batteries do I need to run this system and not cause any strain on my cars battery (currently have a die hard battery installed). I will be using Stinger batteries and a Stinger cap. I will also be using a digital volt meter on the amps or amp.

Questions

What size amp do I need to run the 4 12's?

What size amp and how many channels should I have to run my car speakers & tweeters?

How many batteries and what amp size should they be?

Are there any other items I should add to this system to make the cycle complete and give me an all out clean system?

What is and is not neccessary don't want to spend unneccesary money?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Archived