Sonic Electronix

Do the big three upgrade and get yourself one GOOD main battery..

youll be set.

This

Big 3 will do wonders, Then a good battery under the hood.

I have the engine block ground, and battery-chassis ground done, but the battery is in the trunk, so i haven't gotten around to running the alternator charge wire yet. I'm thinking about having a shop do it cause it's a pain in the ass. Where should i take it? a mechanic or like, an audio place? We have best buy and ultimate electronics but i don't think they would do that would they? should i have a mechanic do it?

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

You will spend a good chunk of money to have a installer run that wire. Probably DOUBLE what you paid for the wire.

It's a pain tho. There is NO WAY i'm gonna be able to fish a 0 gauge wire through the factory location. It's tiny. I'm gonna have to run it under trim panels and stuff. Second, the alternator terminal is under the air intake, so i'm gonna have to remove that, or come from under the car, which i can't even tell if it's accessible, and i don't have a lift or blocks anyway. I think it would be easier to just take it to a shop, like, even with the cost involved.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

You will spend a good chunk of money to have a installer run that wire. Probably DOUBLE what you paid for the wire.

It's a pain tho. There is NO WAY i'm gonna be able to fish a 0 gauge wire through the factory location. It's tiny. I'm gonna have to run it under trim panels and stuff. Second, the alternator terminal is under the air intake, so i'm gonna have to remove that, or come from under the car, which i can't even tell if it's accessible, and i don't have a lift or blocks anyway. I think it would be easier to just take it to a shop, like, even with the cost involved.

IF you have to do all that then the labor costs just jacked up at a installer.

If you are still going to have a installer do it, do NOT take it to bestbuy.

Edited by Rebel4055

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

What do you mean "IF" ? I will have to do all that. I didn't just make those steps up lol. And i wasn't planning on it, i was thinking i'd take it to an alternator shop or my mechanic. whoever will do it cheaper.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

What do you mean "IF" ? I will have to do all that. I didn't just make those steps up lol. And i wasn't planning on it, i was thinking i'd take it to an alternator shop or my mechanic. whoever will do it cheaper.

I didn't mean the big if lol sorry. You would take it to a audio installer more than likely.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/