Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

4x 12 or 4x 15 Trunk Car ideas


Recommended Posts

Posted

Some of you may have seen my 4x 12 concept box for my Grand Prix (if not, look at it here). I did a bit more looking, and turns out I have closer to 17" of trunk height space if I take the rear speakers out (would like to do fabricated doors with 2 sets of 6.5's in all 4, but that's still up in the air). I will barely have enough airspace for 4, if I'm thinking right, have to do some playing around on Sketchup and TBC to see what I can come up with. As for the power, definitely a H/O alt or two (if you can fit 2 on a N/A 3800 series II), and something like 4 or 5 batts in the spare tire well. Now, as for amplifier power, there are many options. My original idea was 4 HDC3 series subs, so they can either be dual 1's or dual 2's. Here are the options:

4 AQ1200D's w/ Dual 2's - Close to RMS power, rated @ between 1200w & 1470w @ 1 ohm, 1% & 5% THD respectively, $250 apiece X4 = $1000 total

4 AQ2200D's w/ Dual 2's - Slightly over peak power, rated @ 2200w @ 1 ohm, 1% THD, $389 apiece X4 = $1556 total

2 AQ3500D.1 w/ Dual 1's - 4300w @ 1 ohm, <1% THD, $749 apiece x2 = $1498

I'm leaning more towards the two 3500's, but the 2200's seem like slightly more power for only ~$50 more, plus 4 amps looks cooler than 2 sometimes. :D Just kinda playing around with ideas and getting your guy's opinions. This isn't going to be a member build as of yet, so no need for that, just playing around with ideas. I'd like to go all AQ if possible on this, just to keep everything the same and sounding great. Thanks

POTATO!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4757 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...