Sonic Electronix

Alright.. First post, glad to be here.. Hope yall can help me out for present and future builds.

I currently have 2 Kicker ZX2500.1 amps (subs) and 1 RF P4004 (mids, highs) and a 220 amp alt.

I am wanting to do something a little crazy, a trunk box for 2 18's.

I saw Steve's old 98 Civic build, the box install was great.

Ok, so here is my biggest question. How do you go about making a speaker box that fits flush all around your trunk?

I was thinking you would have to build from the inside out, but how would you go about doing this?

I have roughly 13+ cu ft of trunk space (06 Corolla CE) I dont think that includes the spare tire space (maybe I could incorporate that for more air space?)

If I could build a box to use most of that space I could pull off the proper air space, but there is NO WAY I could build a box outside the trunk, and slide it in.

Someone lead me in the right direction please, thanks!

** Also, Fi customer service advised me BTL's would shake the life out of my trunk lid, I have a few ideas to keep it down to a minimal **

Sorry, and one more thing, I was wanting to make a fiberglass box for my rear deck, to house a few 6.5's and I wanted to run PVC ports from the sub box through my current 6x9 holes and out through the rear deck fiberglass box.. What do you guys think?

so you want to aero port the box into the cabin correct? im not sure but i think you are going to need a pretty big aeroport or two per sub. idk tho ive never done aero.

just hang tight and more people will answer your questions.

welcome to smd btw :drinks:

Hahah damn cody

She ain't that sexy. I wouldn't even let her blow me. Those 10 pounds of make up would end up all over my crotch.

you dont find dubstep, dubstep finds you

hu: Pioneer MVH - P8300BT

mids: Alpine sps-600 all four corners

highs: Addictive Audio ECST25A,Memphis PR tweeters back

sub: 15 inch crossfire bmf

box: 4 cubes at 38 hz

amp: Rockford Fosgate Power 1000 25 To Life

140.7 on a non sealed trunk car with a five channel so far (old sub audiobahn aw1505q)

Build Log

http://www.stevemead...ima-56k-beware/

Feedback

http://www.stevemead...s-bfd-feedback/

so you want to aero port the box into the cabin correct? im not sure but i think you are going to need a pretty big aeroport or two per sub. idk tho ive never done aero.

just hang tight and more people will answer your questions.

welcome to smd btw :drinks:

I would have no problem doing a square port, I just thought it would be different to have it ported through the deck.. What ever will work best, will do just fine.

And thanks!

2 18s in a trunk??

um... youll be lucky to fit 2 15s. Its not always that your trunk has the volume, but that you can actually mount the subs and the port in a direction that will work.

2 18s in a trunk??

um... youll be lucky to fit 2 15s. Its not always that your trunk has the volume, but that you can actually mount the subs and the port in a direction that will work.

I had 2 L7s 15's back there in roughly 8.2 cu ft after bracing and subs..... With ample room, I would just have to capitalize on the trunk, thats why I'm curious how people go about building a box from the inside, out.

I was thinking I could go along with the trunk contours and max out space and atleast get 10-11 cu ft which should be enough to have them slammin the shit of my import.

2 18s in a trunk??

I had 2 L7s 15's back there in roughly 8.2 cu ft after bracing and subs..... With ample room, I would just have to capitalize on the trunk, thats why I'm curious how people go about building a box from the inside, out.

I was thinking I could go along with the trunk contours and max out space and atleast get 10-11 cu ft which should be enough to have them slammin the shit of my import.

Pics...

2 18s in a trunk??

Pics...

Of the trunk? Or my previous set up?

Of the trunk? Or my previous set up?

the previous setup

I dont have pictures of the build, or the set up... I wasnt big on internet car audio.. Was a fiberglass box me and a buddy did. If I remember correctly it was 42w x 21h x 20 deep..

The front baffle was bubbled out, was a pretty nice set up. I blew one of them up, and sold the other with the box.

My trunk is pretty big man, for an import.. I know there is a way to do this, because nothing is impossible... I just need someone with some useful ideas...........

If steve could fit 2 18's in a civic.. I know I can fit 2 18's in my Rolly......

Just sayin.