Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

sub box design help for home theater....


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys, I have been using my JBL P1224 sub for my home theater, and it sounds GREAT. The only issue I have is that it's in a high tuned box (38ish hz). I would like to build a lower tuned box for it, but I'm not really familiar with home theater sub box designs. I was toying with the idea of a larger box (2.5-3.0 ft^3) tuned in the mid-low 20's. I was hoping someone who actually knew how to use the subwoofer box design programs could check out what would work well for the JBL sub I have. These are the specs listed on JBL's site for my sub:

THIELE-SMALL PARAMETERS

VOICE COIL DC RESISTANCE : R EVC (OHMS ) . . . . . . 1.00

VOICE COIL INDUCTANCE @ 1KHZ: LEVC (MH) . . . . . . . 1.10

DRIVER RADIATING AREA : S D (IN 2) . . . . . . . . 87.11

SD . . . . . . 562.00

MOTOR FORCE FACTOR : B L (T M) . . . . . . . . 10.00

COMPLIANCE VOLUME : V AS (FT 3) . . . . . . . . 1.53

VAS (LITERS ) . . . . . 43.30

SUSPENSION COMPLIANCE : C MS (μ M/N) . . . . 96.00

MOVING MASS , AIR LOAD : M MS (GRAMS ). . . . 323.00

MOVING MASS , DIAPHRAGM : M MD (GRAMS ) . . . 315.80

FREE -A IR RESONANCE : F S (H Z) . . . . . . . . 28.60

MECHANICAL Q: Q MS . . . . . . . . . . . 9.04

ELECTRICAL Q: Q ES . . . . . . . . . . . . 0.58

TOTAL Q: Q TS . . . . . . . . . . . . 0.55

MAGNETIC -G AP HEIGHT : H AG (IN ) . . . . . . . . 0.48

HAG (MM ) . . . . . . . 12.00

VOICE -C OIL HEIGHT : H VC (IN ) . . . . . . . . 1.58

HVC (MM ) . . . . . . . 40.00

M

*VOICE COIL CONNECTED IN PARALLEL

AXIMUM EXCURSION : X MAX (IN ) . . . . . . . . .56

XMAX (MM ) . . . . . . 14.00

Thank you VERY much for any help!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...