So this was my first amp, had it running at 2 ohms ( which is supposed to give 500 watts rms). HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT, it over heats easily and it gives frequent power spikes even with the best set up.

1. I had it running on two sony xplods, again at 2ohms and it could barely do the job it cut off randomly in mid song/bass note. When checking the amp, it wasnt even hot but it still ran hot. Sent it to alpine and they said there was no problem with it (even thought it hadn't come on in 2 weeks). Mind you I have a 1 farad RF capacitor, a extra battery and 4awg wire and had my back seat down and window open so it was no way for the thing to over heat but hey it did.

2. My manager had the same model in her car, and it was running at 4ohms (300rms) and due to power spikes ( she had a extra battery and the same RF capacitor) it blew the sub (alpine type r) over heated and selectively came on and off. My supervisor, bought it for his car (we are not idiots we just all bought it with in the same week so we didn't know it would be a problem) , had the same set up.... and had it on two subs again at 2ohms and it still went Frankenstein.

It goes has random spikes and valleys in power, it over heats its inefficient, its just not worth the money at all.