Sonic Electronix

Had this same problem, try grounding the RCAs, if that doesnt work replace them, and if that doesnt fix it is the radio. Pioneers are bad about the internal ground going out and causing noise. even my deh-980bt has this problem. I spent probably 2 weeks trying to figure our where the noise was coming from and its the radio. Did a install in a guys truck yesterday that had a DEH 6800 and it had aweful noise, replaced it with a Kenwood and the problem was solved.

1999 Civic Si

Current setup - 147.5 db

Memphis Mojo 12

Memphis Mojo 2500

Had this same problem, try grounding the RCAs, if that doesnt work replace them, and if that doesnt fix it is the radio. Pioneers are bad about the internal ground going out and causing noise. even my deh-980bt has this problem. I spent probably 2 weeks trying to figure our where the noise was coming from and its the radio. Did a install in a guys truck yesterday that had a DEH 6800 and it had aweful noise, replaced it with a Kenwood and the problem was solved.

Wow thats funny...put one of those in the mustang I'm doing and myself spent a couple days tring to figure what the the hell was making all the noise...turned out that the amps and the deck were all fucking up(sound stream3500 and a 4.520)..sucks when the gear is messing up.The last thing you want is for al your new gear to take a shit on ya!!!

Wow thats funny...put one of those in the mustang I'm doing and myself spent a couple days tring to figure what the the hell was making all the noise...turned out that the amps and the deck were all fucking up(sound stream3500 and a 4.520)..sucks when the gear is messing up.The last thing you want is for al your new gear to take a shit on ya!!!

Yep, never again will I buy anything made by Pioneer, I didnt spend $500 on this radio to have noise...

1999 Civic Si

Current setup - 147.5 db

Memphis Mojo 12

Memphis Mojo 2500

so many people dont strip the paint from the metal

also is the sound like a popping or a low hum?

Yea the sound is like a low hum. I didn't have time to check it out today but I will tomorrow to see if it's the ground. I can't remember,but I probably didn't scrap all the paint of when I grounded it. I re-ran some wires and added new ring terminals yesterday so it was probably just something I overlooked.

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6Goldwood GW-S650/4 6.5sEA 200a alt2009 Lancer GTSStock jtte2o.gif