DC Sound Lab

my first term lab numbers ever!

Lower as in frequency? Personally Iv found that when you seal off the trunk the subs seem to have just a little extra kick to them. I hit similar numbers but got a friend who does maybe a db more but it just sounds nicer. Obv there are many factors but Id like to think that the sealed trunk eliminating standing waves helps.

Damn it I meant louder. And if I was keeping the same box volume I wouldn't expect much of a difference. But I'm gaining about 2 cubic feet of net volume. Which could be either good or bad. Won't know until it's done and I get it metered. These numbers were with a box that was 2.7 cubes net, should have been tuned at about 35. Hit the highs VERY solid, but couldn't do shit under maybe 33.

But with the rebuild, I'll be between 4.7-5 cubes net. I'll have a set of aeros tuned low, like 30, just for daily, but they will be removable so I can play with different port areas and tuning on the meter. Huge change in enclosures lol could go either way.

Those DC subs apparently dont require much space. I had someone call them about their products (in particular xls vs level 5 12s) and they mentioned how their subwoofers wont really perform much better in a larger exclosure, cause they only recommended 1.6 cubes per (not including displacements/port)

Ya I have read that people have luck with these in 1.5-1.6 per. And I'm building this new enclosure to where I can move the back baffle in to reduce internal volume. It will be a pain to do but I will be able to do it. I'm just trying different things and seeing what happens. Is easier to start big and shrink from there then it is to start small and build bigger