Hey all, VERY new to the forums here at SMD. I have been planning to do a somewhat decent amateur build for the past 4 months or so and finally decided to do so. I would consider myself new to car audio but I have been into car audio for the past few years now.

My first setup 2 years ago was a pair or 12" Kicker Comps to a Kenwood Excelon 500W amp. Nothing special by any means but I got it for $200 for the subs, amp, box and 4ga amp wiring. I then decided to step it up and purchased a JL 1000/1 and 2 12W6V2s in a dual ported box, 2.4F cap, Optima Red top, 1/0 Tsunami amp wiring, and 2ga amp runs.

Now most of the car audio shops around here are the typical, "YEA MAN JL IS TEH SHIZ!!" and thats what I thought too. "Wow some day I will have me a 13w7, ZOMG!" But I will be the first to admit I was dead wrong. I knew there was much more to car audio then the local stores tell you, so I decided to do some research myself and have just been progressively learning things. I joined up on CAF.com CA.com and now here. I finally heard of a guy named Steve Meade, and saw some of his videos on YouTube and then starting to check out all of his build logs and then was it that I really had true respect for car audio enthusiasts. I really see myself becoming one after I get out of College and hope to keep up with some of the guys around here but I still need to read up before any of that happens. I went into the local car audio shop and told the guy what i was getting and he had no idea what I was talking about. His reply was, "Why didnt you just get a W7? All the people I have talked to swear by them that they are the best to compete with." I didnt want to be an asshole because its my moms friend so I just said they were too much money lol.

So long story short, I decided to kinda Go big or go home and sold my W6s and my 1000/1 and did some research on varioud brands and with a new budget of roughly 1200-1400 I went with a Crunch GP3000D and a 12" Fi BTL. Most of my friends and family think I am a fool for wanting it louder so I just show then some vids of Steve's Tahoe and then they shut up. I just tell them they are lucky im not like that yet.

So right now I have/will have...

Crunch GP3000D (have)

12" Fi BTL (being shipped)

Custom box made by MobileMan at CAF.com (being built)

Trunk done in 1 layer of fatmat. I plan on doing two layers in the trunk and 1 most other places like headliner, doors, etc.

And batt, wiring, cap and Jensen HU (sucks I know)

I eventually would like to get a Pioneer Avic-D2, an Iraggi 200 amp alt with Big3.

This is what I have done so far.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Please tell me what you all think so far. I will post pics of the box and the sub when I get them. My goals with this are to start doing some amateur comps around the area and keep it a loud daily driver. And its all in a 2000 Accord Coupe so space is kinda limited. Please give me any feedback you have!

Heh I thought of using that amp, lemme know how you like it.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Your off to a good start. What are the specs of the box being built for you?

Youll love the GP amp. It is definately a beast.

DCSOUNDsig.jpg

2006 SPLMAX Bass Race Competitor of the Year

2006 Bass Race 156 points

Team DC Sounds

Team Maxxsonics

Team HR

Team Second Skin

Team Hooker Audio

http://dcsoundlab.com/

2008 Starting from scratch

your definately going to need to upgrade your electrical as soon as possible. Just be very careful and dont try to hammer on your equipment while your still rolling stock.

DCSOUNDsig.jpg

2006 SPLMAX Bass Race Competitor of the Year

Team DC Sounds

Team Maxxsonics

Team HR

Team Second Skin

Team Hooker Audio

http://dcsoundlab.com/

2008 Starting from scratch

your definately going to need to upgrade your electrical as soon as possible. Just be very careful and dont try to hammer on your equipment while your still rolling stock.

Yea definitely, Im not trying to ruin this amp.

And to the other poster, I have also heard great things about it. hopefully it gets the job done!

These are the builders specs

"Ok, here is the design for you. 14.5"H x 24"W x 24"D, 3.809^3ft gross vol. Slot port, 13" x 3" x 27.8"Long@35Hz. After all displacement, 2.833^3ft net yield. Built from 3/4" Hi-Composite Premium UDF board. Seams matched and double sealed. Reinforced baffle board. Dado cut end caps. Seams fastened with Tite Bond glue, 1-5/8" counter sunk drywall screws, and 2" Ribbed steel fasteners. Walls fully braced and tied in with Maranti Hardwood bracing for Zero wall flex and 100% cabinet integrity. 45 degree boards in the corners to kill standing sound waves and to add extra strength to the corner seams. All internal port edges are beveled. High Quality, Gold plated binding post with nylon heads. Gray Muzicon carpet. White baffle board. Port painted black."

i really want to see this built.i got same car.and i cant get louder than 140db.so im saving up to do a mini wall with 3 10"s and get the same.Crunch.

Hmm thats odd, I have an SPL meter and my record with my 1000/1 and 2 12w6v2s was 148db with no deadening.

Now its not TL. Im sure there is a huge difference between the two so Im not exactly sure. I will have to do a comparison between the two because im sure mine reads a little higher.

its really hard ti hit a 140 in a trunk car without a wall.i had alot of setups and none got that loud.the loudest setup of all that i had was probably 1 15" L7 on a 4 cube box tuned @ 35hertz.power by a BXI 1606d and it wasnt that loud.

i want to see how loud u get with that setup.just let me know please.post vids if u can,if it looks loud im going to go with same setup.

and where do u live dude?

NEED TO GET LOUDER!!!

its really hard ti hit a 140 in a trunk car without a wall.i had alot of setups and none got that loud.the loudest setup of all that i had was probably 1 15" L7 on a 4 cube box tuned @ 35hertz.power by a BXI 1606d and it wasnt that loud.

i want to see how loud u get with that setup.just let me know please.post vids if u can,if it looks loud im going to go with same setup.

and where do u live dude?

Yea Im trying to get pretty loud on a budget.

I live right outside Baltimore, MD in Westminster. How about you?

Archived