GOTZ1LUNG's Sierra Video on Pg 15 - 5/17/12 TL#'s 151.3@29hz

New to the Forum and really old school come to find out. In my hay-day it was sealed boxs so this ported thing has been alot of trial and error.

Me and My buddy Josh, built the First enclosure: A fiberglass one, that really isnt what i was hoping for, so threw alot of help from this forum we are doing a rebuild.

4ft^3 Before displacement.2.8 after

3x16.5x23.75 port for close to 34Hz and 49.5sq area.

The Enclosure is for 2 FUBAR 12w's, that will be get 1500 watts between em via a PZI1500.1

Big 3 Upgrade,

A few Before Pics of the Glass Box, and the progress that was made today on the new build.

I still have to Attach the rounded end to the port before the 2nd coat of resin.

**Ongoing Build Log: Updated regularly***

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

DC Audio Dealer and Team Member

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That race car an RX-7?

What kinda racing?

back on topic-looks good so far, I think that 'glass box came out really nice, that your first one?

88 RX7 TII that we pretty much have got cut down to just the bare outer sheetmetal. It goes on a S&W full tube chassis,9in, powerglide,Small block with a big hair dryer. Plan were to go 10.5 outlaw drag racig, but a tire sponsor fell in our lap and i like the idea of having 33x15x15 under me at 180+ than a little ol' 10.5 We put the build on hold this year to make some sound pressures..

The fiberglass box was my first one yes. I had done alot of other glass work with racecars, but never a box.

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

Well lets just say the a Router is one of my new favorite tools, next to a Sawzall, and BFH..lol

We got the baffles routed and perfect circle are so Sexy.. I also got the Port wall end pieces routed and attached, i Did a 1/2in round over on the tight side and a 3/4 on the long side I just wish i had gotten the router before the port was glued in so i coulda ronded the outer corner of the slot inside at the L.

Pics in bout 10mins..

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

box looks good you should totally round over the entire box= the sex

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Wow, i love this new setup, but i need some opinions from Yall!. What the hell should i do for amp racks? I was thinking a false floor in fron the of the box and flushing them in there.

Ive got my flush in pannels all cut but need to go get a few more yds of vinyl be fore i wrap em.

Also i was wondering what the "break-in" was on these newer woofers, back in the days it was about 10hrs, then crank up the gains, i know i could smell a little voice coil after about 3mins of beatin and the dust caps were a little warm. But i havent even got into the power of the amp, im only at about 1/3 up on the gain.

UhOh, i was gonna sex the edges, but the panel cover it all up:(

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

Well i went up the Local Shop to see if they had a meter and how much. They said it was at the other store and would be back on Weds, but the guy who does it says by ear he thinks im in the mid 140's pretty solidly.

I wasnt goona make any predictions and get my hopes up but this guy has been in the audio world for 20+ yrs so ill take what he said a little more to heart. I thought a 139 maybe a 140-41 but hes seems to think differently. I guess Weds. will be the tester.

I am really happy with the sound im getting out of these 2 12s. They arent struggling anywhere in all the music ive listen to so far. Rock Kick Drums HURT!.

I was hoping a few of the more experienced guys out there would post up some comments on the build, but on another note, my vinyl should be in thurs or fri. so i can finish this up and cover that ugly MDF sitting back there..haha

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

Archived