Colder Ac

Guest MegaloManiac

I was chillin(not so much chillin but,driving and relaxing) in my car(00 accord LX) and I had the ac on full and cold, preparing for summer around the corner. But i am just not satisfied with the coldness. Me and my dad bought the car brand new in 2000 and the AC is still about the same since brand new, so i am just not satisified. Now too my question Is there an aftermarket ac unit/compressor to make it freakin freezing...or just pretty cold hehe.

I was thinkin i may be low on that R-134A freon...correct? But it feels the same as when we bought the car back in 2000

I heard about the old R12 freon which was better(as an colder) but some shit about it putting holes in ozone layer blah blah blah.

So anything i can do? Should i just go to the dealer and ask them to flush the line an top it back up?

-Megalo

See if you can put another can of r134 in it. Yea the r12 would freeze your balls off but the blah blah killing the enviroment made it hard to get.

RF Punch 40x2RF Punch 100x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 400x4JL Audio 10W7-3"but its only a 200 watt amp tho"

Guest MegaloManiac
See if you can put another can of r134 in it. Yea the r12 would freeze your balls off but the blah blah killing the enviroment made it hard to get.

I would love to freeeze my balls especially in the TEXAS summers :D

only do that if you're absolutely sure you're low on refrigerant. you cannot really convert back to r-12. the fittings are not gonna work. take it to a shop and get a service...evacuate, vacuum, recharge and check. sometime you cannot tell if your system is the same as it was brand new only because you drive it all the time.

Edited by philip

Guest MegaloManiac

yeah i know they changed some stuff when they started using the r134. But it be nice to get colder ac. Maybe i do need to get my lines flushed and recharged

I went a wraped my AC lines in insulation, helped a little bit, really helped the rear AC in my Excursion

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Its not like the ac is not gettting cold. but i feel it can be colder.

oh ok. yah just go get it serviced then. hope everything goes good. haha i'm at work right now (a/c shop), all the work is done sent a worker home and i'm on the smd forum......ftw!!!!!