Man. I really appreciate your response. Because I really had no idea information like that was vital. As I said, I've never had a processor, and have no idea how they are supposed to be set up. I can provide as much information about the setup, as I possibly can. But some of your response, I don't know what it means. ie, "vac", "1vac". Not sure what that is. However, let's start with the head unit. I have a Kenwood excelon DMX 958XR. Settings on it, not sure what you mean. But EQ settings I have the bass almost all the way down, other than the subwoofer volume, and that is at 10, it's max level. Not even sure if I have the eq on the head unit to the right settings. It sounds decent. But I don't want decent. I want, "correct". Anything else, is factory settings. I am using JL audio RCA's to connect the RCA outputs from the head unit, to the processor. And as far as how I was" trying" to measure the output signal, was the dm smart app. I have the audio control RTA. Have no clue how to use it, so I haven't even gotten that far. The way I understood, was you have to set the setting within the app first, to get, I guess a base line. And then fine tune it with the RTA. The RCA's look messy right now, because I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing.
I hope this helps you, in understanding my situation, and allows for information to be provided to me, so I can actually use my setup, without fear of damaging components.
Would also like to add, I have no idea what a lot of the technical terms mean, dealing with audio signal. I've watched videos of people trying to explain everything, and it just doesn't register in my mind, exactly what everything means.
I don't know anything about crossover signals, DB octaves, drop off points, flat, curved, cheby she, if that's how you spell it, or whatever is called "Butterworth". I really appreciate your input, and time you're taking, to help me understand.