First of all, I don't know much about car audio. I installed my whole system by myself and made my box and everything, but I'm nowhere near as knowledgeable as most of you on here so forgive me if I have no idea what I'm talking about.
I got a Dual 1 ohm 12" Fi BL and I'm looking for an amp that will work well with it, with a little headroom if possible. I should have bought the dual 2 ohm version since amps that run at 1 ohm are much cheaper. But my dumbass wanted it to work with the amp I've been using, and it ended up blowing a few weeks later after using it for about 2 years (RF 1001bd..old version).
I get a little confused with the whole ohm thing...I know that I can wire this sub down to .5 ohms and 2 ohms. I'm not sure what amps I can go with that would work well wired down to .5 ohms. Budget is about $300 but I'm hoping to be able to find an amp for $200 used. Any help is appreciated.