Jump to content

SnowDrifter

Super Moderator
  • Posts

    14671
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    156

Everything posted by SnowDrifter

  1. Does anybody know what would cause a headunit to shut off when the volume is turned up a bit? My friend has an 1100 watt amp + 2 12s and he is having this issue.
  2. Thanks everybody for the replies! Just one more question: I have heard mixed things about caps... Do they help / hurt / do anything? I have also heard that if you have a quality battery bank, then you don't need a capacitor; Which brings me to my next question... As a rough rule of thumb, how much battery do I need for X wattage of an amplifier?
  3. For the reccomended box size.... Then would I be fine going with the minimum box size for space? Or would I be sacraficing / gaining anything? And for box tuning, if I tune to 20, then I would lose my bass response at 60hz for example? 5. Thanks!
  4. There are a few things that I don't understand when it comes to car audio 1. I know there are reccomended cu.ft amounts of box volume for a subwoofer. What happens if I get a box on the smaller end of the reccomendations? What about on the higher end? Are there any pros / cons to each? 2. I kind of know what a sub box port does... But what is to stop me from tuning to say... 20 hz? How about 50 hz? I know that most people tune in the range of 30-35 hz, and that you get loudness by tuning high, and sq by tuning low... But why not tune REALLY low so my sub can hit any and all notes in a given song? 3. Screws vs nails for a subwoofer box? and how do you guys get perfect 90 degree angles? I am having trouble getting it to glue, and stay at 90 degrees while the glue sets... 4. Is sound deadening on the inside of the box worth it? And if so, what is the best to use? I have heard of folks using rubberized spray. 5. Hi everybody!
×
×
  • Create New...