Hey folks...
Im new to these boards, so dont be too harsh. Ive been out of the game for a while, but have the itch again and am looking for comments and suggestions in regards to the equipment/set-up Ive selected for my car. I'm ready to pull the trigger and would love some feedback. I realize that there are many JL haters out there, but I like what I like and I have always loved the sound of the 13W7. You will not pursuade me to go with a different sub. I'm not trying to blow my car apart, rather incorporate some good deep sounding bass and a bit of knock. Not an spl or sq car, just a decent sounding stereo to play around with on the weekends.
1. Stock head unit hooked up to an Audio Control LC6
2. Total sound deadening. 2 layer trunk and doors. One layer floor and roof.
3. Hertz MLK 165 component set in the front doors
4. Hertz HSK 165 component set in the rear doors
5. JL Audio HD 600/4 powering the two door sets
5. JL Audio 13W7 in a ported box (ported through the ski hole)
6. JL Audio 1000/1 powering the 13W7
7. All top notch wiring and installation
8. Upgraded battery (NEED SUGGESTIONS!!)
9. Cap (Again, NEED SUGGESTIONS!!)
Like I said, I not going for a system to blow away everybody. Im simply looking for something that I can enjoy during the summer. You know, roll down the windows and ride with some decent sounds.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions/comments...