Jump to content

jeffrm

Members
  • Posts

    514
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by jeffrm

  1. And the plan is switching to an ampere audio 7.5k. Would that quantity of batts still be alright? Will add more as I go along.
  2. Ok so if I was to do say 4-6 of the d1600 or the Xp1000 it would out perform the 8 kinetiks?
  3. Which ones would be best? Xp1000 or d1600?
  4. Truck has a mechman 340a alt dedicated to the 16v side.
  5. Right now im running 8 kinetik hc16v batteries. Im wanting to switch to xs 16v batts. Im running a NS1 @.5 on 16v now. How many and which 16v batts would be good for my setup?
  6. ^^^^ did that and now all is good. Thanks everyone for the help.
  7. Tested both sides of the rcas in all the testing. Just the one does that. That's why I think the eq may have a bad output.
  8. No the output that I get the distortion from is on the eq. Not the hu. It has front, rear, and sub outputs on the hu. The front is going to the eq, then from eq to amps. Tested the rcas coming from the hu its clean on 40hz and 1000hz. But once I plug rcas to the eq, its clean on all the eq outputs except the one rca out to subs. The other sub rca is clean but the other is showing signal, distortion, then 40hz. All others show signal, 40hz, then distortion.
  9. Everything is clean off the hu.
  10. It reads a signal but the distortion light comes on before the 40hz detect light. Just the 1 sub out rca does it all others are clean. Ill try grounding it today to see if it helps.
  11. No matter how I wire it or change rcas, the outcome stays the same. The one sub out rca shows distortion before it shows a 40hz signal
  12. Tried that too. Gets distortion before signal. Everything is flat. Head unit was just put in and all settings left alone. Eq was set flat. Only problem im having is the one sub out rca. Thinking about changing eqs to test and see if it is the problem.
  13. and it doesn't matter what track I use it does the same thing. all other RCA'S are clean coming out of the Eq, except the one sub out rca. And I have tried multiple rcas including sky high rcas, with no change.
  14. I've used the dd1 for over 2 years now and never had a problem. Im running a pioneer X5500bhs, clarion eqs746, and a ns1. (Problem is only with sub rcas). the problem I'm having is one RCA shows a clean signal but the other shows distortion before it gets a signal. no matter how I switch the RCA's on the EQ is still with the same Output on the sub out on the Eq I am wondering if The eq could be bad or could there be some other cause?
  15. Just do two obsidian 15s. 600Watts a piece and would do well on 1000Watts.
  16. I did some measuring today and the port wall is 13.5" long and the opening at the back is 8.75"
  17. Pro is thicker than regular damplifier. If your only doi.g the doors then 1 or 2 layers of damp should be ok
  18. Im doin this from my phone so heres what I got
  19. And I cant do a hairtrick.
  20. Ok this is what I could get
  21. Yes the piece behind the double is 12in. And I do have a 45 in the port corner
  22. I used Torres to design the box and it told me physical port length 12in so thats how long the port wall is behind the double baffle. What I put in for port was 20in
  23. No clipping dd1 tuned. Ive got 4 obsidian 15" dual 2s wired in series parallel at 1ohm on my rd 3250
  24. The box I built is 49wide x 35tall x 23deep with a port thats 33.5tall x 6.5wide x 20deep it gives me 13.57cubes after displacement of subs and port. I didnt factor in the braces which are 33.5 x 1.25 and 20.75 x 1.25 round wood.
×
×
  • Create New...