I currently have a Kenwood 1k amp class D with the 2 Mtx Terminators, they hit hard enough for me for now... if your wondering about a budget, it cost me around 220 for my whole system.. pretty cheap considering I installed it myself, and had to buy a few fuses at my local shop to tap into my speaker wires because of no deck, so yes, i'd say they are worth it. Now... I do want more than these woofers, I love bass and will be working on a custom build this summer, these are just to get me by, if your looking to impress high school kids I guess these do the trick, they aren't much, but if no one else near you has any competition, to people these sound decent.
Main thing, if your looking to go extremely cheap and have some bass, these are good, but if your looking to truely go loud, or competitions etc. These are no where near many of the things out there.
Considering this might be your first system... looking at the kicker comps, + a ported box + a low class amp, best buy and places like that are looking to charge you around 500+.... If you know anything about cars, and can install these yourself, I'd say start with these, and definetly work your way up if you truely want to start going loud.